What's new

What should I keep from this stash?

A mate who knows of my interest in shaving gave me this bag of stuff to look through and said if you want something keep it. The Valet in the bakerlite is in sweet condition and the little green bakerlite is cool to. Your thoughts?

$Package (640x423).jpg

The thing in the upper left corner looks like a find from the Marquis de Sade's estate :lol:

I'm sure there's a lot of cool stuffs in there...I'd be tempted to find out which of the straights is a keeper and give SR shaving a go :a39:

I would go straight to the old hair clippers in the top left corner. Can't tell what king of condition they are in I guess from the pic, but I'd say it's still a neat thing to have for yourself.

What is the metal thing in the bottom right? black case. is that an armpit razor?

On to the question, Gems can be had for a few bucks. Valet razors are tricky to use, the stropping mechanism doesn't really work, and they either require a very specialized feather blade, or you need to take tin snips to a hardened steel gem blade. SNAP! MY EYE!!! also not very expensive.

Any of those straights should hone up well, they will take a lot of work to be 'shiny' if that is important to you.

The rolls razor with the box, the case, the pamphlet, the strop compound, and it's the viscount model. A little more rare set, a decent shaver, and nice collection.

What is the metal thing in the bottom right? black case. is that an armpit razor?

On to the question, Gems can be had for a few bucks. Valet razors are tricky to use, the stropping mechanism doesn't really work, and they either require a very specialized feather blade, or you need to take tin snips to a hardened steel gem blade. SNAP! MY EYE!!! also not very expensive.

Any of those straights should hone up well, they will take a lot of work to be 'shiny' if that is important to you.

The rolls razor with the box, the case, the pamphlet, the strop compound, and it's the viscount model. A little more rare set, a decent shaver, and nice collection.

Great info thanks. Armpit razor, that make sense, its in excellent condition too.

Top Bottom