What's new

What shaving soaps have you relegated to the shower or bath

Col. Conk for same reason others have said. One Dr. Jon’s because I didn’t enjoy the scent. And an Edwin Jager lime soap that I just couldn’t make it lather.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Only had two irritate my face shaving and chucked the first before reading they could be used for body-scrubbing goodness. Gentleman Jon’s sandalwood and Viking Revolution clary sage are nose-candy, but my skin didn’t like mixing their lather with my subpar shaving skills.

Might retry the second; Viking Revolution Clary Sage; now that I’m hooked on using Noxzema as a pre-shave (it’s that camphor-menthol anthem; turn it up and throw a tantrum!). @TinyT told me he’s had no soap issues since using Proraso green pre-shave, so maybe that awesome-scented soap can stop hurting my face as much as seeing my face hurts others.

@TinyT told me he’s had no soap issues since using Proraso green pre-shave

Indeed. In fact, I think that every shaving soap can be made to work well, and very well at that, with enough perseverance. I've even learned to love fragrances that I hated initially and I have a very sensitive sense of smell.

Since most shaving soaps make mediocre shampoos I usually bin them unless they smell superb then they are left in the open as air freshener

Top Bottom