What's new

What Shaving gear have you “Stocked up on”?

Soaps..alot of soaps ...lol cant really say ive stocked up on blades i have a couple of different kinds but not a great deal i think i have maybe...10 different blades and i think 4 of them are 100 packs ( with some missing as ive used a chunk by now...also some are just packs of 5 or 10 baldes)

I found a good price on Feather blades, so I bought 100. Probably should have bought 300.
No doubt the Feathers are the best blades, they also last way longer than other blades. Newbies really shouldn't be afraid to use this blade, all the horror stories you hear on the internet are exaggerated because ALL blades are sharp. I bought mine from

Double Edge Shaving Place | Wide selection of Double Edge Blades and Grooming Products instore - https://www.doubleedgeshavingplace.com/

The guy behind this site is also a B&B member his name is DrIdiot, you can use a coupon code for a discount BB101. Shipping is very fast trough DHL but you will probably get an invoice for the import tax.

No doubt the Feathers are the best blades, they also last way longer than other blades. Newbies really shouldn't be afraid to use this blade, all the horror stories you hear on the internet are exaggerated because ALL blades are sharp. I bought mine from

Double Edge Shaving Place | Wide selection of Double Edge Blades and Grooming Products instore - https://www.doubleedgeshavingplace.com/

The guy behind this site is also a B&B member his name is DrIdiot, you can use a coupon code for a discount BB101. Shipping is very fast trough DHL but you will probably get an invoice for the import tax.
Since that post I bought 200 more Feather blades. At the rate I’ve been using them I now have enough for 6,000 shaves. By the time I use those up, I’ll be 85.

Since that post I bought 200 more Feather blades. At the rate I’ve been using them I now have enough for 6,000 shaves. By the time I use those up, I’ll be 85.
85 is the new 65, so you can’t be too careful when planning for your future shaving needs.

At least that’s what I tell myself when I order more blades to add to my pile of thousands...

85 is the new 65, so you can’t be too careful when planning for your future shaving needs.

At least that’s what I tell myself when I order more blades to add to my pile of thousands...
My mom is 88 and still mows her yard and trims her bushes. Unfortunately, I got my genetics from my dad. He passed at 73 from a stroke after triple bypass surgery. I had triple bypass surgery 14 years ago, so I’m ahead of schedule.

I used to stock up on creams and stuff I liked and had a huge hoard, but I switched to a beard for like 7 years and all of it just kind of collected dust under my sink during that time. The creams and aftershaves turned and went bad for the most part. I would trim with a DE, but I only needed to once a week and I just wasn't burning through anything. Now I just hoard blades.

Reactions: nav
2 more tubs of croap, that puts me at 7 and should last me a decade based on my current rate of consumption. If you count the 4 tri-milled soaps I rarely use I'm good for life.
My last frontier of compulsive purchases is vintage blades. A 100 so far and counting.
When will it end?

Well I'm not exactly hoarding shaving gear as much as some on this site... I would if I had a bigger bathroom, though. I've got 16 packs of various blades, where I've used ONE blade of each, when I began shaving with DE blades. They all made by neck red. I had saved the Feathers for last since people kept saying it's such a dangerous blade. Humbug! It gives me great shaves so I bought 40 packs, and now have 15 or so left. Perhaps I should stock up on those, just in case of a Japanese embargo or something like that. I also buy a couple of Mitchell's Wool Fat pucks at a time, since it's the soap that gives me the best suds.

Lots of DE Razors and Brushes as result of RAD and BAD this year. Fully stocked there.
Lots Soaps, because of buying in bulk and because Simpsons sent me free shaving cream with brush orders.
About 1600 DE Blades, highlights are 900 vintage wilkies, 200 feathers.

Just a bunch of persona Israeli reds at the moment. Need to stock up on proraso green tubes the way things are looking right now.
Why the need to stock up on Proraso Green tubes? Rising COVID numbers or is there a supply issue with Proraso?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve been stocking up on Proraso
400ml aftershave green and red. 300ml preshave. 275 ml cream “bag”

I'm pretty well stocked on blades with about 300 of various types. 4 pucks of Williams and 2 unopened tubes of Proraso Red. It's enough for at least a couple years, given how often I shave.

Ugh, hundreds of DE blades and 200 GEM SE blades, in case of the Shavepocalypse. Also too many DEs, 5 GEM razors, and 3 SRs. Plus a few different types of soap, with multiple pucks of some soaps (like Williams and Tabac), which should get me through the early years of Shavepocalypse.

Top Bottom