What's new

What Shaving gear have you “Stocked up on”?

Most of us seem to own multiple razors, brushes, blades, soaps and so on.

What item(s) have you really stocked up on for a rainy day or a potential future shaveocaypse? Could be due to a price you can’t refuse, a product discontinuation, etc.

In my case, I recently bought a 6 pack of my favorite shave creme (St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot) when it was on super sale and have been stocking up on 100 packs of Personna Red Blades when I see them on sale. Not sure if the Israeli blades are really going away, but they are one of my favorite blades and I buy them when they get under $15/100. I have about 600 tucked away currently.

What have you stocked up on already or what are you considering stocking up on?

I found a good price on Feather blades, so I bought 100. Probably should have bought 300.
Same. I found 100 packs of Feathers yesterday for $16US at Walmart Canada of all places and bought 200. Maybe should have bought more but I am now sitting on a 20+ year supply of good blades...

Same. I found 100 packs of Feathers yesterday for $16US at Walmart Canada of all places and bought 200. Maybe should have bought more but I am now sitting on a 20+ year supply of good blades...
WOW! I’ve never heard of them being less than $35 US. You could have made a killing on eBay.

WOW! I’ve never heard of them being less than $35 US. You could have made a killing on eBay.
I know! Very weird and from a trustworthy 3rd party vendor I buy thru on Amazon frequently. The Feathers for that price seem to be gone now but another forum member got some yesterday as well. 7OClock Green Russians were about $7US and I grabbed a few hundred of those as well. Pricing errors? Dunno.

I cut myself off at buying $9US/100 Nacets as I have too many blades and the wife is about to kill me for my recent spending. 🤪

Not sure if US Walmart online is the same but fellow Canadians should watch out for blade deals. Most of Walmart Canada’s 3rd party products are insanely overpriced, so this is just a super rare occurrence.

Blades:
Around 2000 Polsilver SI's and 300 BIC CP's and i'm waiting for the Nacets to arrive and if they are as good or better than the Polsilvers i'm going to stock up a bit with them as well. I also have between 30 or 40 Feathers, but they don't work great in every razor and for the most part are not worth the extra price. Also, around 70 Gillette Platinums and 30-40 blades from at least 10 different brands that I haven't used in a while.

Soaps and creams:
5 Arko sticks, 2 Nivea and 2 Caro (Каро) creams - great products and also dirt cheap

Aftershaves:
3 Nivea sensitive aftershave cool balm - if my skin is irritated it helps me in just a few minutes and it's the only aftershave I ever need.

I'm not much of a soap/cream, brush or aftershave addict, but I have a soft spot for razors and blades IF the price is right, of course!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have around 400 Gillette Wilkinson sword blades, 200 Silver Blues, 200 Astra SPs, and 80-100 each of Shark SS & Chrome, Lords, Polsilvers, Voskhods, Nacets, Rapiras, and Ladas. Others I forget. All told I have at least 1800 blades. I bought most of them around 2015 or 16, when the exchange rate to Russia was quite favorable. Many of these blades cost $4-$5 per 100 on ebay at that time.

I have about 30 pucks of Vintage Williams, at least that many modern Williams, 15-20 sticks of Palmolive, around a dozen Arkos, and many other soaps and soap sticks, most in multiples. I also must have 8-10 tubes of Ingram cream around here.

I have gallons of vintage kanon after shave and cologne, and gallons of vintage Gillette Sun Up. I have a 1.5 liter bottle of Stephan bay rum here somewhere too.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. A full inventory would take days. Really stupid when I sit back and think about it.

The only thing I bought extra was Nivea shave-stick. They are my favorite and hard to find. I saw some on sale the other day for only $3.00 so I got 3 sticks. This is a great shave-stick. Makes a great lather and smells nice too.

Muhle_Nivea.JPG

I have a barely used jar of MdC Rose. I think that counts :). Also, 2.75 pucks of SV. I should be good for about 3-4 years right there!

"Stocked up" is a relative term here I think, what is lots by my standards may only be a drop in the bucket from the perspective of some on this site. That out of the way, I feel I'm well stocked with Arko sticks(11 I think?) and Cella(have almost the entire 2kg block remaining).

I have probably 200-250 blades, over 1/3 of which are Astra SP's, so I suppose I feel well stocked there too....actually with 9 or 10 aftershaves I feel comfortable getting by for awhile with those as well, haha.

I suppose I'm a bit low on razors with only 3, and brushes with 2, but neither of those are consumables really.

I know! Very weird and from a trustworthy 3rd party vendor I buy thru on Amazon frequently. The Feathers for that price seem to be gone now but another forum member got some yesterday as well. 7OClock Green Russians were about $7US and I grabbed a few hundred of those as well. Pricing errors? Dunno.

I cut myself off at buying $9US/100 Nacets as I have too many blades and the wife is about to kill me for my recent spending. 🤪

Not sure if US Walmart online is the same but fellow Canadians should watch out for blade deals. Most of Walmart Canada’s 3rd party products are insanely overpriced, so this is just a super rare occurrence.
I found it, but they add on 14.00 cdn shipping. With that they are $28 usd, which is still a good price. If you order 400, the shipping stays the same. I think I’m going to try to order 400 to see if they will ship to me. I just shaved my 13th shave on a feather. At that rate 400 blades will last until I’m almost 27 years. I probably won’t live 27 more years, so I would be done buying blades...I think I just scared myself. No more buying blades???

No Joy. They won’t ship outside of Canada.

Top Bottom