What's new

What Shaving Gear do you NOT have an Acquisition Disorder for?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have definite favorites, so AD is not really a problem for me.

In the past 2 years I've added one travel brush (EVO) and one new soap (SV).

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I piled up enough software to last several lifetimes, so most ADs have long gone into remission, save for brushes. I still have trouble resisting their siren call. I have no difficulty saying no to any other shaving related item.

In three short years I have managed to acquire enough razors, blades, soaps, and brushes that will keep me shaving comfortably for at least the next twenty years. Sadly, there are still a lot of products I would like to try. The only thing that keeps my shopping cart empty is a quick inventory of my current stash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have no AD for razor blades, I have enough for my life time and might buy the odd tuck of certain blades if I run out(Blades are the cheapest part of wet DE shaving IMO). I have well over 500 blades in DE & SE and just bought a Feather artist club clone razor with 15 blades to change up routine every once in a while. The interesting thing is all my razors & brushes & blades have been bought for $0.00 money because I groom my own hair for the last 4 years and all the savings I just plunged back into shaving gear and have enjoyed this hobby very much and have learned a lot of the years from folks who generally like to help fellow wet shavers. I did have Rad problem in 2019 and have settled down and have 1 or 2 razors to add to my collection. I really have no desire to sell any of my razors because I enjoy variety and because I learned to use so may different razor brands over the years it has greatly improved my technique.

Have some great shaves!

...The interesting thing is all my razors & brushes & blades have been bought for $0.00 money because I groom my own hair for the last 4 years and all the savings I just plunged back into shaving gear...

Have some great shaves!
OMG! Thank you! I never looked at it that way. I retired over 21 years ago and haven't been in a barbershop since. I just did the math and $10 (plus tip) every 2 weeks over the last 21 years easily covers what I've spent on shaving gear. It still doesn't fully justify it, but that won't stop me from using it in my defense if it ever comes up in conversation :)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
For me it's matching seven-day sets of SR's. My current five sets have cured me - for now. I also. only have two DE razors, 3 tucks of blades, fifteen soaps/creams, five brushes, seven after shaves, one balm and only ten other SR's.

Surely that's all I true gentleman of means needs, or is it?
Says the man who posted the thread my fourth and final 7 day set

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OMG! Thank you! I never looked at it that way. I retired over 21 years ago and haven't been in a barbershop since. I just did the math and $10 (plus tip) every 2 weeks over the last 21 years easily covers what I've spent on shaving gear. It still doesn't fully justify it, but that won't stop me from using it in my defense if it ever comes up in conversation :)
My wife kind of got me into wet shaving because she thought I should shave my head and after looking into that venture I went out and bought some hair clippers at Walmart for approx $20.00. I was spending $27.00 per month for hair cut with a tip plus $3.00 for gas to get to the barber shop and hassles of making appointments. I was also spending about $80.00 dollars a year for Gillette cartridge blades and gillette gel a year. Total comes to approx $440.00per year savings shaving with great gear and products.
I'm glad I but a smile on your face when you take into account savings in other ways. :thumbup:

I use Astra SP for my normal rotation of razors. I do keep some Feathers for my rarely used "mild" razors. No reason to even think about blades except to reorder when needed.

I use Astra SP for my normal rotation of razors. I do keep some Feathers for my rarely used "mild" razors. No reason to even think about blades except to reorder when needed.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I currently have two razors (EJ DE89 and Feather AS-D2), two brushes (Kent BK4 and Simpson T2 synthetic), and two half pucks of soap (TOBS sandalwood and PdP) but a third (MdC fougere) on the way. In the blade department I currently have about four Feathers, eight Crystals, and about sixty or seventy PIRs. In my old razor I preferred Crystals with PIRs close behind, but I prefer Feathers in my new razor. So I'll probably buy Feathers soon. As for aftershaves and the like I have plenty of 4711 (my regular splash), a dribble of Mennen Skin Bracer, and a little Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge with no acquisitions planned, but I am always open to a great Fougere/Fern.

Top Bottom