What's new

What shaving cream/hard soap combo created a more luscious or better smelling lather?

I like loading my brush from soap and then using it as a base with some shaving cream from a tube to get a different feel or scent. The glycerine soap/shaving cream combo was recommended here on the site somewhere. For example i've used whole foods vitamin e/aloe glycerine soap with Speick to create a very fresh smelling, slighly slicker lather. It's hard to tell as i really like the Speick shaving cream. I've also used QCS sandalwood with Eton shaving cream for a slighty different smell.

How have you combined creams and soaps or creams and creams to come up with something you've liked better or different but worth mentioning?

i combined some shredded MWF and klar kabinett and then superlathered with some dreadnought cream.

yummy

i've used a combo of Mama Bear Amyris soap
and Park Avenue Cool Blue cream from india.
The result smells exactly like an old time tobacco shop.
It smells so good i hate to shave it off

This morning it was MWF soap and Old Woodward Clove SB in a Dirty Bird scuttle to warm them up - great lather and scent!

I've never combined soap with cream, but maybe I should. I have notice that soaps feel warm on my face and creams feel cold. This is true even when I use creams from a tub. For example: Prorasso soap in a tub = warm, but TOBS cream in a tub = cold. Why is that?

I have some arko and proraso red that I'm trying to get rid of and have been combining them. Awesome lather with a great face feel and scent.

I have a parker sandalwood & shea butter soap that I mix with everything. It smells good by itsself but its very mild so it doesnt cover or even change the scent of my creams. It gives me a great slick lather with all my creams.

Top Bottom