What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

Feather SS clone. Tossed Derby Extra blade at shave #26. Love the loud feedback of the blade !
DSCF4632.JPG

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Feather SS clone. Tossed Derby Extra blade at shave #26.

Was your clone built for AC-Format blades and loaded with a half DE or was it a half DE razor that happens to looks like one that takes AC blades? Thank you for your time.

It was built for AC-blade. I did not like the lip/bump. To avoid its impact I used half-DE blade. It can be done. On big flat areas (cheek) it is easy to use. More care and attention on neck and under jaw-line. Every time got some weeper which I usually don't get. But it is an interesting challenge I like it !

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thank you for that. The bump on the Mythus (a Kai Luffy clone, it’s said) drove me to Feather Pro Super blades and they’re $$$+.

Thank you for that. The bump on the Mythus (a Kai Luffy clone, it’s said) drove me to Feather Pro Super blades and they’re $$$+.
The bump on the Mythus isn't that big. If you want even smaller, check out the new Feather SR. They say it has a bump, but I can't see it.

Use my new Feather SR along with a sample of A&E’s Kaizen. Pre-nourished and post Shave nourished with Eucris skin food. A really delightful shave.

Attachments

• F20187F2-76A6-488B-87E4-B6A4D073AC2F.jpeg
    F20187F2-76A6-488B-87E4-B6A4D073AC2F.jpeg
    807.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 5F616752-3225-4AC4-BE68-6556B00144BE.jpeg
    5F616752-3225-4AC4-BE68-6556B00144BE.jpeg
    945.7 KB · Views: 9

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
It has been a little over a month since my last shavette shave.

Yesterday was a generic Chinese stainless steel shavette with a Feather DE half-blade (1). Face lathered with ARKO stick and a Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brush.

A lovely shave; WTG, XTG with fool's pass and another XTG in the opposite direction. Result was DFS+ (BBS in most areas) with not skin damage or irritation. What I learnt is that my traditional SR's need a little more work to get their edges up to the Feather level.

IMG_20210815_083846.jpg
This morning's shave was the same except that the Feather DE half-blade was (2). The results was the same again with no skin damage or irritation, although I did notice just the slightest degradation to the blade's edge.

Will do the same tomorrow morning and possibly the next morning to see how this blade goes for longevity.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight Razor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Green and Bronze Handle (Maggard 26mm 2-Band Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20220110_161348~2.jpg

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11609036

I’m a big fan of the new Feather SR. Used it today with Noble Otter Two Kings (my favorite NO soap) with pre-shave Eucris skin food and second pass with my Gillette Fusion custom handle. The Eucris was used as post-shave treatment as well. There is something amazing about a close shave followed by a very hot shower then a soak in the onsen.

3BDC9F7C-0BDE-4296-8E3D-B2538522F35B.jpeg

That’s one of my favorite shavettes. Always get a close and easy shave. Have a great day!
I can definitely see why... 😉
It's been my first shave ever with such a razor (neither have I shaved with a true straight razor). I managed to get a DFS two pass shave though (only one tiny nick). I have had worse shaves with many DEs 😀

Besides, that's a very nice setup wrt your SOTD today.

Have a great one, too.

AB2201.jpeg

A Turkish Shave -

Shavette : Ali Biyikli
Blade: Half Perma Sharp (1)
Brush: Jaguar 117/24 Boar Brush
Soap: Arko pressed into an old Nivea Hand Cream can
AS: Homemade 30% Witch Hazel, 70% Marmara Barber No2 (Homage to Paco Rabanne Invictus), 2 drops of glycerine for 100ml.

Very pleasant and effective two pass shave. Result BBS. I like very much impressive leather performence of Arko even with a very small amount of soap loading. With enough hydratation leather is very protective and slick.
Homemade AS works perfectly.
Before loading blade in to the Ali Biyikli Shavette, I inserted a small pocket knife and made 3-5 passes into the Ali biyikli's blade holder edges, which expanded a little, the tight gap between the blade holder edges. Be carefull not to cut yourself !!!

I’m a big fan of the new Feather SR. Used it today with Noble Otter Two Kings (my favorite NO soap) with pre-shave Eucris skin food and second pass with my Gillette Fusion custom handle. The Eucris was used as post-shave treatment as well. There is something amazing about a close shave followed by a very hot shower then a soak in the onsen.

View attachment 1396493

Assuming you've tried the SS or DX, are there any noticeable differences that would justify buying the SR?

thanks.

Assuming you've tried the SS or DX, are there any noticeable differences that would justify buying the SR?

thanks.
Hi Pottertons. Sorry for the delayed response. I haven’t been on the past few days. To be honest, I think you you’ll own the SS and DX and be perfectly happy. I bought the SR so because I could afford it and I wanted to see what all the chatter was about. But I don’t think you will find it’s an entirely mind bending and world changing experience. Hope you have a great day.

Hi Pottertons. Sorry for the delayed response. I haven’t been on the past few days. To be honest, I think you you’ll own the SS and DX and be perfectly happy. I bought the SR so because I could afford it and I wanted to see what all the chatter was about. But I don’t think you will find it’s an entirely mind bending and world changing experience. Hope you have a great day.
Thanks for the info.
Hope you have a great day, also.

Top Bottom