What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

univin2806.jpeg

Consecutive shavette shaves...
Univinlions Shavette paired with Derby Platinum half DE blade. Derby Premium is smoother and sharper compared to Derby Extra or Derby Usta.
Good old friend Omega 10049 revisited after a long while. Good performing all rounder.
Post shave 4711.
Loading wise Univinlions is a superb easy. Not as agile as Ali Biyikli shavette on the face but quite easy to maneuver.
Result; nicks,cuts and irritation free very good shave 10/10

Eben Stone

Staff member
Oooooo, you have an AC SR! Very nice. Not much info/reviews on these yet. Do you find this shavette offers something different enough from an SS or DX to be worth acquiring if you have the other two models?

Compared to the SS I think so. Read more here...

Compared to the SS I think so. Read more here...

Thanks Eben! Just what I was looking for.

Everybody is discussing how superior this and that hi-end shavette is. Some of them look very nice. In the end of the day all these are only blade hoders.
I have some shavettes, all of them low-end. I get very good shaves with them. The cheaper the better. No need for hi-cost ones.

DSCF4388.jpg

Today I had a shave with this 2,5€ shavette with Wilkinson Sword balde (12). Still going strong !

1627167848933.png

Shavette: Feather Clone
Brush: Omega 10098
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Soap: More for You ("MFY") (-Turkish vegetable barber soap-)
Post Shave: Brut Splash + Nivea Cream

Two pass, BBS, no irritation. Nivea cream hydrate very well, I confess, choice of "brut" was not an accurate choice for a hot summer shave 🤫. In order to get a "green color harmony" with the Feather Clone, Proraso Green would be better choice:biggrin1:

Omega 10098 does a great job with the mug.

Soap reactes like Arko or Derby although there is not tallow ingredient. Palm oil based soap. Palm oil scented. I prefer Arko or Derby scent. Easy to lather MFY, Slickness and protectiveness are here. Post shave mehhh... This is the reason why Nivea Cream made a show off.
Soft soap easy to press into the bowl.

Top Bottom