What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

Another great performance with the IBC last night!
These Feather Pro blades are so nice and smooth once you get a couple uses in.

20201121_210432_edited.jpeg
20201121_210544_edited.jpeg

Much appreciated.
After failing to find a Weck Sextoblade in good nick, I'm planning on making a trip there soon to try one of the FROMM or Personna shapers.
Now I have some added incentive.

I couldn't find a decent Weck, either. They're usually really old, really beat, and way overpriced, imo. I bought a SS shavette off of Amazon for $8., and loaded it with a Fromm blade from Sally:

3BCE3F99-AE36-4F11-8763-64BC1916CB1E.jpeg

It stays wedged in fairly snug, and I load/unload using the edge of the counter. That shavette is also a larger size, and fits my hands better.

I couldn't find a decent Weck, either. They're usually really old, really beat, and way overpriced, imo. I bought a SS shavette off of Amazon for $8., and loaded it with a Fromm blade from Sally:

View attachment 1188148

It stays wedged in fairly snug, and I load/unload using the edge of the counter. That shavette is also a larger size, and fits my hands better.

Just dropping in to say, thanks, again.
Found one of these razors at a local Sally store.

Funny thing is, I had forgot details in your description and asked the rep what type of blades it took.
She said that it was the double edge kind. So I left.
However, something told me to revisit this thread just to make sure.
So I say in the car, got the info, went back in and bought it.
To my surprise, and as you mentioned, it did come with a preloaded blade, but I assumed it would be a DE one. Sure enough.....an artist club 'SINGLE' sided blade. Haha
Product knowledge huh? Lol

It looks great in person and is actually a few grams heavier than my IBC razor, which was a surprise.
The one thing that I'm a little apprehensive about though, is that the side cap seems to be a little too easy to remove. Hopefully it won't dislodge mid-Shave.

20201130_211014.jpg

Just dropping in to say, thanks, again.
Found one of these razors at a local Sally store.

Funny thing is, I had forgot about your description and asked the rep what type of blades it took.
She said that it was the double edge kind. So I left.
However, something toldv me to revisit this thread just to make sure.
So yeah, I went back in a bought it.
To my surprise, and as you mentioned, it did come with a preloaded blade, but I assumed it would be a DE one. Sure enough.....an artist club 'SINGLE' sided blade. Haha
Product knowledge huh? LolView attachment 1188906

The one at my store told me the same thing when I asked, lol. Thankfully, I've got Feather Pros already on hand. The blade that came with it was too rough for me. I was extremely impressed with the overall fit and finish.

...btw, I couldn't resist; I went back today and bought another. Lol.

*edit* - The sliding panel on the head of yours just looks like its not fully seated. The pins should line up, and it will fully seat. Both of mine are snug.

The one at my store told me the same thing when I asked, lol. Thankfully, I've got Feather Pros already on hand. The blade that came with it was too rough for me. I was extremely impressed with the overall fit and finish.

*edit* - The sliding panel on the head of yours just looks like its not fully seated. The pins should line up, and it will fully seat. Both of mine are snug.
Thanks. I'll play around with it and see what happens.
Pretty decent for $40 CAD though..
Plus I have a couple on the way from Aliexpress. I believe one of them is a Kai clone.

WOW!
When it comes to a first impressions review, It's always taken with a grain of salt, but man, this razor is fantastic!!!!
Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.
My IBC has been my absolute go-to for months now and I really didn't think I'd come across another razor anytime soon, that was worthy of being a mainstay. But this might just be it.

20201203_100256.jpg

I liked mine so much I went back and bought a second one.
I may do the same..
I didn't keep in mind that the handle is wood and the scales and shank are joined with pins. So I used it like I would with a DE or my IBC. rinsed thoroughly between strokes and passes. So now I'm wondering if it needs to be treated like a straight razor, where it's not supposed to get wet.

Last edited:
I may do the same..
I didn't keep in mind that the handle is wood and the walkers and shank are joined with pins. So I used it like I would with a DE or my IBC. rinsed thoroughly between strokes and passes. So now I'm wondering if it needs to be treated like a straight razor, where it's not supposed to get wet.

I try to avoid getting water anywhere but the blade and head. I don't think it's catastrophic if it does, just make sure to clean and displace water with an oil of some type.

I clean my shavettes and straights the same way:

After shaving, I'll rinse anywhere that water and/or lather has gotten into. I'll use a couple of squares of toilet paper, folded over, to dry between the scales and around the pivot and head. With this shavette, I take the head apart and dry, too, taking the blade out, cleaning it off, and setting it aside. I'll leave the shavette to dry on the counter, usually about an hour or so, and then I use Ballistol to lube the pivot pin, exterior and interior of scales, and just a good rub-down. Then I put it away. Fairly straightforward, and quicker than writing this post. You can use another oil, but I love Ballistol.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Dec 25th 2020, Merry Christmas and a better new year than 2020 hopefully.

Razor : AC Shavette clone, thought I would give a shave with this razor with new blades, blades make a big difference with no drama.
Razor backup: Razorock Game changer .84 with a Kai SS Blade.(Did not need to use this backup)
Blade: Kai AC Protouch guard- Did not feel threatened because of the guard on the blade and was able to concentrate on the shave. 1st real shave with a AC Shavette and did reasonably well and was happy with results(did some mock shaves with a blade turned backwards with sharp edge turned into the holder until my new Kai Protouch blades arrived yesterday). Not as close as a shave with other safety razor shaves but will take it. It is a nice change up in my routine. Interesting shaving system IMO. Chin area is hard to dial in so far.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- I enjoy this hard to explain scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips with a nice scrub if wanted.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass on 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.(sort of all over my face trying to learn how to use My AC Shavette)
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea A.S with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + a few barely weepers that closed up at end of shave= :thumbup: great 1st real shave with my AC Kai captain clone Shavette with Kai protouch guarded blades.(nice blade to learn with IMO).

SE SOTD, Christmas day shave 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom