What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
First complete pass (WTG only) with the Facón Kamisori (AC Blade Straight Shavette) - and I survived with only two minor nicks (both my fault). No transfusions required! :)
20200529_104823~2.jpg

Razor (WTG): Facón Kamisori Shavette
Blade (WTG): Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (2)

Razor (XTG & ATG): Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade (XTG & ATG): Bolzano (5)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Bowl: Bamboo
Post-shave: DSA Crystal Alum
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Next to no touch-up needed.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no weepers, two minor nicks (both with the Kamisori, due to my lack of experience with SRs), no cuts, no irritation.

First complete pass (WTG only) with the Facón Kamisori (AC Blade Straight Shavette) - and I survived with only two minor nicks (both my fault). No transfusions required! :)
View attachment 1106659
Razor (WTG): Facón Kamisori Shavette
Blade (WTG): Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (2)

Razor (XTG & ATG): Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade (XTG & ATG): Bolzano (5)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Bowl: Bamboo
Post-shave: DSA Crystal Alum
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Next to no touch-up needed.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no weepers, two minor nicks (both with the Kamisori, due to my lack of experience with SRs), no cuts, no irritation.
Excellent work! Focus on keeping those shave strokes straight. In my experience do that makes it darn-near impossible to nick yourself with that particular guarded blade.

Keep up the good work!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Excellent work! Focus on keeping those shave strokes straight. In my experience do that makes it darn-near impossible to nick yourself with that particular guarded blade.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much. :)

I went too steep trying to get under my nose and the area right around the TMJ. Learned to NOT do that. ;)

31/05/20 sotd
Razor: Dark stag 'folding kamisori'
Blade: Gsb (1)
Lather: ej aloe vera cream sample
Brush: Yaqi synthetic
Balm: Nivea sensitive

This morning was by far the best shave i have had to date. 2 pass shave (wtg/xtg) with a third pass under my chin even managed a xtg pass on my chin and only one small patch of irritation on my on my left cheek soon soothed by the nivea. deffinatly noticing improvements now im chasing technique not bbs.
20200531_105308.jpg

This evening was my high precision Chinese generic all stainless steel shavette with a new half Ming Shi blade. What a pleasure to use.

No idea where you're located, but I find the Family Dollar "Daxton" blades work great for me. I'm sure someone won't like them, but they work great for me. I've since stocked up on them.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
No idea where you're located, but I find the Family Dollar "Daxton" blades work great for me. I'm sure someone won't like them, but they work great for me. I've since stocked up on them.
In Cebu, Philippines I only have two choices of DE blades readily available; Gillette Rubie and London Bridge. The Ming Shi blades (one pick) came with the shavette.

Jun 1: Monday Madness

Lather:
Stirling Baker Street (sample)
Brush: Vie-Long 13071M brown horse-hair (24/52mm)
Razor: Univinlions Kai Captain, straight (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [20]
Post: Witch Hazel w/added glycerine, aloe and Patchouli EO

The Kai Captain clone with the non-folding blade has become my whisker whacker of choice for a 2-day stubble. Completely effortless - it just wipes away stubble with no drama and no irritation whatsoever.

Why "Madness" in today's title? It's June 1st and it went down to 38F last night and is now a balmy 50F. Last week, we broke 100F. Why do I live here?
proxy.php

Jun 2: Mostly Italian Straight Shave

Lather:
RazoRock XXX "Formula Duro"
Brush: Zenith B07-EURO bleached boar (24/57mm)
Razor: Sanguine Coolcut R5 shavette
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [16]
Splash: Pur-est Musk After Shave Lotion

Nothing much to say about the razor and blade combo. Smooth and effective, as usual.
proxy.php

Jun 5: Green Friday Shave

Lather:
Cella "BIO" Crema di Barba
Brush: Omega B&B Essential Boar (22/52mm)
Razor: Strong Leopard 74-A 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [17]
Splash: Pur-est Musk After Shave Lotion

Simple shavette shave for today, this time using the only shavette I have that has a hollow ground profile. This shavette demands more attention than some of my milder ones, but still managed to give me a great shave today. Cella BIO, however, was the star of the shave. I can't say enough good things about this soap (or brush for that matter)
proxy.php

07/06/20

Razor: Parker 34r
Brush: Yaqi black marble
Blade: Gsb
lather: mwf
Balm: Nivea sensitive

Nice sunday morning shave i find these weekend shaves really let me progress as i am alot more relaxed then the after work rush before dinner. I feel the parkers taking the lead as my razor of choice.

@rudyt
That strong leopard looks a nifty bit of kit. quite steampunk i like it. you have got a fair collection of shavettes for sure 😅

IMG_20200607_150825.jpg
Today's head and face shave.
Razor: generic shavette
Blade: Dorco (7)
Soap: generic soap
A/S: Revuelle gel

I really like this generic shavette. Light and manouverable. Especially under the nose.

That strong leopard looks a nifty bit of kit. quite steampunk i like it. you have got a fair collection of shavettes for sure [emoji28]
Thanks. Unlike vintage safety razors, shavettes are dirt cheap and way too accessible to say no ;-) The Strong Leopard was like CAN$6 shipped to my door - how can one resist?

Reactions: Wom
Jun 7: Shaving With Roofing Tar

Lather:
Chiseled Face Pine Tar
Brush: Omega 0196745 BLACK Hi-Brush (24/56mm)
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS 6/8
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [21]
Splash: RazoRock UNLABELLED splash

While rummaging in the soap storage, I saw my tub of Pine Tar that I hadn't used in awhile. Even though it smells like a roofing truck on a hot day and the initial lather is dirty brown, I like it a lot. Ron at Chiseled Face says it's not a big seller at all, but it's his own favorite soap so he still stocks it.

The Feather SS over-achieved (as usual) against my 2-day stubble, and the shave was over too quickly. Finished it off in grand fashion with some RazoRock UNLABELLED splash and I'm off to get the bicycles cleaned up and ready to ride, smelling very Italian.
proxy.php

Jun 8: Menthol Monday

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Brush: Semogue 1800 (22/55mm)
Razor: Univinlions Kai Captain, straight (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [22]
Post: Witch Hazel w/added glycerine, aloe and Patchouli EO

Just a simple Menthol Monday today with Proraso Green. Some people think it's a menthol bomb, but I put the menthol level at 2 on a 10 scale; present but in the background, and not when remotely cold. Even LEA Classic packs a stronger menthol punch, and it's not even called a menthol soap. Makes no difference to me - I still like it and will it will continue to be a staple in my den.

I never time my shaves, but today, I had a 9:00 Skype meeting and looked at my watch and it was 8:50. Plenty of time. My shave, from the time the brush hit the soap till the brush was rinsed off and put back in place was 7 minutes and change for a full 3-pass shave.
proxy.php

Top Bottom