What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

I thought I'd start a new thread for this because it's never felt right putting my Barber Razor shaves in the "What straight did you use today?" thread.

Keeping it simple, just post your:

Razor / Blade (X)
in the format above (where X is the number of shaves on that blade). I'll start:

Feather Artist Club DX Kamisori / Schick Proline (5)
upload_2019-7-7_2-29-32.png

And of course we always love pics (even when they're not that great [like mine above]). :blushing: :laugh:

AliExpress chromed brass beauty using a generic blade (2) purchased from the same seller.
The Feather AC copy of a razor is fine but the blade is not very sharp when compared to a Feather.
Razor-AC-clone-brass_20190707.jpg

:laugh: Going by the first three shaves reported, maybe we should rename this thread Kamisori Korner.

I'll buck the trend of kamisori AC razors.
Decided to take my Folding Feather SS on vacation.
DSC_0405.JPG

Nice shave, but I prefer my regular straights with more blade feel and feedback.
Feather Proguard (2).

Btw @Cal, the little Shavemac brush is performing well. Can't understand what you didn't like about it. :1eye:

Feather Artist Club SS 9th shave on this pro blade. Cube pre shave, big ol honkin Ali handle synth brush whipped up the don Marco.
IMG_20190710_210157.jpg

IMG_20190714_132740.jpg
todays shave FAC SS Clone again/2x on the blade, Cube pre shave, Poraso single edge whipped up with a big ol white piggy finished with my lime splash sans menthol this time!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I thought I'd start a new thread for this because it's never felt right putting my Barber Razor shaves in the "What straight did you use today?" thread.

Razor / Blade (X)
in the format above (where X is the number of shaves on that blade). I'll start:

View attachment 996935

And of course we always love pics (even when they're not that great [like mine above]). :blushing: :laugh:
I used a $6 shavette made in India and a Derby blade. Actually, got an excellent shave. May use all week because that is the edge I’m chasing but only achieved it on a few razors so far.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Razor / Blade (X)

View attachment 996935

Razor / Blade (X)

View attachment 996935

9649D339-537A-4435-B71C-63AA57D54AFD.jpeg

Can’t believe this cheap thing shaves so well. I’ll shave the rest of the week and see how long the blade lasts. It came with 100 Derby half blades. I’ve had this for a long time and decided to try it to see if it would be a suitable travel razor. Performance well beyond my expectations.

I used a $6 shavette made in India and a Derby blade. Actually, got an excellent shave. May use all week because that is the edge I’m chasing but only achieved it on a few razors so far.

I think everyone new SR users should shave with a shavette at least one time to experience the edge, and also to understand that even with a manufactured edge, there is some tugging and the need for a shallow angle.

Congrats on your shave, my good friend. :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

Might need to bring them to Cataloochee.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I think everyone new SR users should shave with a shavette at least one time to experience the edge, and also to understand that even with a manufactured edge, there is some tugging and the need for a shallow angle.

Congrats on your shave, my good friend. :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

Might need to bring them to Cataloochee.
Absolutely, I could shave you easily with on of those things.

I have a Kai Pink in my SS. I have been stropping it 30 laps on the leather every couple of shaves. The stropping improves the blade immensely.

I have a Kai Pink in my SS. I have been stropping it 30 laps on the leather every couple of shaves. The stropping improves the blade immensely.
How'd you get the blade to actually touch the strop? I tried it with my SS and the angle was waaaay extreme..

How'd you get the blade to actually touch the strop? I tried it with my SS and the angle was waaaay extreme..

You need to use a very obtuse angle. Just keep turning the razor until you feel the blade engaging the leather. It is VERY different to stropping a regular SR.

Top Bottom