What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

You’ve got a lot of pressure with the Duke looking over your shoulder! So glad you are enjoying this strange fixation our little world of sharp blades and slick soaps. Hope you continue to enjoy your shaving routine.
Thanks. I think I'm going to pick up a Kai Captain Standard now.

My big day. It's the first time being interviewed on television. Need an exceptionally close shave so I used by new Feather SR with a SoftGuard blade. Pre- and post-shave was my favorite Eucris skin food. Used my Kent BLK8S Silvertex. Love the smoothness of this brush. A&E Summer Fig soap was fantastic as usual. Love the scent and lather. Finished a 2nd pass with the wooden handle Gillette Fusion. Smooth as a baby's bottom and ready to go. Hope everyone is having a great day!

tempImagebpK4do.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Pre-shave: Cold water
Lather: GFT Officer & Gentleman
Brush: Anbbas Synthetic
Razor: Böker Olivewood Barbarette
Blade: Miraki (4)
Post-shave: cold water, alum block & Fuar Ach Snog

20220310_073904.jpg

Those Boker barbarettes are great razors. I love my carbon fiber model.

I love my Böker barbarette, I am currently getting smoother results from the Barbarette than my 6/8 Gold Dollar 208.

Decided to use the first shavette I ever purchased - the Feather Artist Club SS Wood Folding. Until then I had used an old SR from Glasgow made in 1887 that had been my Grandad's when he was a merchant marine sea captain. Used with a Feather ProLight blade. I prefer the Feather Guard blades now but gave a nice clean shave. Pre and post-shave were Eucris Skin Food. My brush today was the huge mother-of-all-synthetics Kent Infinity. Soap was Abbate Y La Mantia Garibald sample from Maggards. I absolutely love their sample options. This has become a real favorite with the scent easily in my top 5. What do others think of this soap? Finished with a second pass with my usual custom Fusion. Just an outstanding shave with not a nick in sight. Hope everyone had a great day.

View attachment 1407880
I've never tried that particular scent from them, but as for the AYLM line as a whole, the performance is absolute quality.
Love the presentation of them as well.

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been in the hospital after a bad reaction to my transfusion and infusion. Kind of a bumpy road, but it gave me a great chance to tackle 3 weeks growth with the new Feather SR. Used a ProGuard blade (new), lathered up some Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse (what a beautiful lather AND scent) with my Kent Infinity, pre- and post-shave tretment with Trumper Sandlewood skin food. What a great shave. The Feather went through the beard like green corn through the upstairs maid. Made a second pass with the wooden handled Fusion though it was hardly needed. A truly great day to be alive and so much to be thankful for - family, friends, the love of my life, and a landscape ready to burst out in spring time beauty. I hope everyone has an awesome day.

Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Pre-shave: Cold water
Lather: GFT Officer & Gentleman
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T1
Razor: Böker Olivewood Barbarette
Blade: Miraki (1)
Post-shave: cold water, alum block & Fuar Ach Snog

I have not used my shavette in a while so I decided to give it a spin. It is still just as good at slicing hair and leaving my face silky smooth as I remember, :straight:

View attachment 1420370
Might I ask: where did you buy the Boker barber razor and blades? It might must be the photograph.... but what length are those blades?

I googled it and came up with grownmanshave.com.... After reading their description, I still don't quite understand the blade choices. The description says it uses 43mm and 65mm blades... I'm ignorant here.... I see your blade package and looking at your photo, it does look like you are using 65mm blades. If you could shed some light on it, I'd sure appreciate it.

Last edited:
Might I ask: where did you buy the Boker barber razor and blades? It might must be the photograph.... but what length are those blades?

I googled it and came up with grownmanshave.com.... After reading their description, I still don't quite understand the blade choices. The description says it uses 43mm and 65mm blades... I'm ignorant here.... I see your blade package and looking at your photo, it does look like you are using 65mm blades. If you could shed some light on it, I'd sure appreciate it.

I purchased the Böker Barberette and blades from www.executive-shaving.co.uk and according to their product details the Miraki blades are 22mm x 61mm. It came with two plastic blade holders, one for the long blades, which is the one that I use and another that apparently holds standard DE blades, but I've never actually used that one. Anyway it is an excellent razor that has given me plenty of wonderful shaves and if you can shave with one of these without cutting yourself, a traditional SR is easy.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I purchased the Böker Barberette and blades from www.executive-shaving.co.uk and according to their product details the Miraki blades are 22mm x 61mm. It came with two plastic blade holders, one for the long blades, which is the one that I use and another that apparently holds standard DE blades, but I've never actually used that one. Anyway it is an excellent razor that has given me plenty of wonderful shaves and if you can shave with one of these without cutting yourself, a traditional SR is easy.
Thank you for answering my question.

I order from Executive Shaving Co. quite a bit. I have two of their Claymore Evolutions, their Ultimate G4 brush, a Stef Baxter lipped shaving bowl and most of my soaps came from them.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we can't get razor blades shipped from the UK to the States...some new reg. I have two barber razors already so I don't really need a third.... but yours is quite nice. I'm sure I could find another source for those blades, States side should I decide to that route. My issue would be the thinner blades. The AC blades are thicker and I already have them on hand for my Claymore Evo-s.

Thank you for answering my question.

I order from Executive Shaving Co. quite a bit. I have two of their Claymore Evolutions, their Ultimate G4 brush, a Stef Baxter lipped shaving bowl and most of my soaps came from them.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we can't get razor blades shipped from the UK to the States...some new reg. I have two barber razors already so I don't really need a third.... but yours is quite nice. I'm sure I could find another source for those blades, States side should I decide to that route. My issue would be the thinner blades. The AC blades are thicker and I already have them on hand for my Claymore Evo-s.
it looks like its this..
ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Top Bottom