What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

3rd ever shave with a shavette! I am incredibly happy with the results so far (I am very prone to folliculitis on my chin). That said, the shavette itself feels materially cheap and unsatisfying.
PXL_20220129_002345956.jpg

Used my Kai Captain Excelia for today's shave with Feather ProGuard blade. Hadn't shaved with it for a while. Needs a steady hand and a slick cream or soap. Pre-shave with Eucris Skin Food, then lathered up some Mystic Egyptian Dragon soap, and did a second pass with my Gillette Fusion. An incredibly relaxing shave and a beautiful way to start a Sunday morning. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Attachments

• tempImageRXKY1m.png
    tempImageRXKY1m.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Back to work so began the day with a 30 minute soak in the onsen and watched the sunrise. Followed by a shave with the Feather SS Teak with a SoftGuard blade. Wholly Kaw Denarius was an awesome scent (which lasted about a couple of hours!) and created a fantastic lather. Finished with Sandalwood Skin Food. A great start to the day. Hope everyone has a great day!

Attachments

• tempImageYylvTp.png
    tempImageYylvTp.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImageeMs0ko.png
    tempImageeMs0ko.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Decided to use the first shavette I ever purchased - the Feather Artist Club SS Wood Folding. Until then I had used an old SR from Glasgow made in 1887 that had been my Grandad's when he was a merchant marine sea captain. Used with a Feather ProLight blade. I prefer the Feather Guard blades now but gave a nice clean shave. Pre and post-shave were Eucris Skin Food. My brush today was the huge mother-of-all-synthetics Kent Infinity. Soap was Abbate Y La Mantia Garibald sample from Maggards. I absolutely love their sample options. This has become a real favorite with the scent easily in my top 5. What do others think of this soap? Finished with a second pass with my usual custom Fusion. Just an outstanding shave with not a nick in sight. Hope everyone had a great day.

tempImagey5T2vh.png

I decided to use my Kai Captain Excelia with a SoftGuard blade. I've found I really need to be careful in my blade choice with this shavette. If you aren't really aware and in the moment, this beautiful SR will bring your head around real quick. I used a sample of the Noble Otter Orbit from Maggards. I really like the scent on this one. It must have menthol (?) because I definitely had that post-shave menthol feel/heat. I used a Kent BLK6S brush which really gives such wonderful coverage. Pre- and post-shave was provided by Trumper Coral skin food. I used Trumper Coronis hair dressing to try to cut down my curls today. Finshed with Aroma Tech Cities Collection - Vancouver EdP. A truly over indulgent Sunday morning. Hope everyone had a truly relaxing weekend and enjoys the Super Bowl (if that's your thing).

tempImageNzCYyC.png

Hey Euro. I saw your razor stand and for the longest time I thought it was either some gel or uni (sea urchin) if you've ever eaten it. Thank God I cleared that up!

The 3 monkeys statuette is made from 100% beeswax and made locally by the bee keeper himself .

Below a beeswax grenade made by the same guy.

IMG_20211231_150134~3.jpg

Have a nice day my Murikan friend.

Last edited:
4th shave ever with a shavette. My Sapphoo 'Feather" clone arrived today. Not sure if the blade face lip this is closer to a Feather SS or Kai Captain? Is this also referred to as a Mythus? Felt really nice in the hand with good grip and control - much better than my Parker SWR. The plastic scales are just OK.

Uneventful shave. Actually, really happy with the results. Kept is simple with no pre-shave ritual or badger to soak. Just Stirling Beesawax soap, Zenith Manchurian, Shannon Soaps Lakeshore drive AS (one of my all time favorite scents and AS formula), and a Kai Mild blade in the new shavette. I would have preferred a sharper blade like a Proline or Feather Pro, but I'll give this blade a few more shaves.

I've put my DE razors away. Shavette only shaves until I'm satisfied. I've set an arbitrary goal of 50 shaves.

Thank you B&B community for all your contributions. I'm excited to start my new shaving journey.

PXL_20220218_005044153~2.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
4th shave ever with a shavette. My Sapphoo 'Feather" clone arrived today. Not sure if the blade face lip this is closer to a Feather SS or Kai Captain? Is this also referred to as a Mythus? Felt really nice in the hand with good grip and control - much better than my Parker SWR. The plastic scales are just OK.

Uneventful shave. Actually, really happy with the results. Kept is simple with no pre-shave ritual or badger to soak. Just Stirling Beesawax soap, Zenith Manchurian, Shannon Soaps Lakeshore drive AS (one of my all time favorite scents and AS formula), and a Kai Mild blade in the new shavette. I would have preferred a sharper blade like a Proline or Feather Pro, but I'll give this blade a few more shaves.

I've put my DE razors away. Shavette only shaves until I'm satisfied. I've set an arbitrary goal of 50 shaves.

Thank you B&B community for all your contributions. I'm excited to start my new shaving journey.

View attachment 1411736
Welcome to the gentlemanly art.

Just keep one or two of your preferred DE razors and BST or PIF the others. You should need them again.

The 3 monkeys statuette is made from 100% beeswax and made locally by the bee keeper himself .

Below a beeswax grenade made by the same guy.

View attachment 1409825

Have a nice day my Murikan friend.
Wow. That is very cool. I’m always amazed at people who have multiple skills like bee keeping and wax carving. I can’t say I’m Murikan though. I’m an XPAT Scot living a dream life in Murika. Have a great day and thanks again for the post.

Best shaving upgrade ever? The shorter depth of the man-cave vanity puts my face much closer to the mirror than the shared masterbath double vanity where I typically shave, making it much easier to see what I'm doing. I had one of my finest shaves ever and definetly best shavette shave ever tonight. I'm going to make this bathroom my SR place. I might even put up a shelf over the neighboring toilet or replace the mirror with a medicine cabinet.

Shavette #6
Pre: Proraso Red Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: Stirling Beeswax
Brush: Zenith Manchurian Badger
Razor/Blade: G1105 Feather Clone/Kai Mild

PXL_20220220_045006383.jpg

Best shaving upgrade ever? The shorter depth of the man-cave vanity puts my face much closer to the mirror than the shared masterbath double vanity where I typically shave, making it much easier to see what I'm doing. I had one of my finest shaves ever and definetly best shavette shave ever tonight. I'm going to make this bathroom my SR place. I might even put up a shelf over the neighboring toilet or replace the mirror with a medicine cabinet.

Shavette #6
Pre: Proraso Red Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: Stirling Beeswax
Brush: Zenith Manchurian Badger
Razor/Blade: G1105 Feather Clone/Kai Mild

View attachment 1412757
You’ve got a lot of pressure with the Duke looking over your shoulder! So glad you are enjoying this strange fixation our little world of sharp blades and slick soaps. Hope you continue to enjoy your shaving routine.

Top Bottom