What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

the same clip type shavette can have different brand name, definitely come from Pakistan.

Yes I agree. I prefer Turkish Shavettes Ali Biyikli or Sedef.
Maneuver is much more easy with Turkish Shavettes.
Today I pick Ali Biyikli with Derby premium (2).
Kent BLK4 Silvertip gave a perfect lather.

august25.jpeg

Almost all Turk barbers use it. Have to cut both bends to make it easier to load, however snap one bent is enough. A bit cumbersome to load and unload. Do not use your fingernail to unload a blade it may cut through your nails, use a scissors or cardboard instead.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday August 25, 2021
Razor: Feather SR Kamisori
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (1)
Brush: Omega 10005 boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

IMG_0545[1].JPG

The Lather Pit is undergoing some moderate renovations, so with special dispensation from Mrs. Hippie I shaved in "her" bathroom this morning. I've been using an electric weed-whacker for the last week or so, which has led to a number of irritating, not all that close, and completely unsatisfying shaves. I was gettin' a little twitchy. :)

Also, I have this Feather SR kamisori I just got and hadn't used yet. I've been using western-style barber straights for a little while. Long enough to be familiar with how the scales sometimes force me to be creative in my grips when shaving my head. I wanted to try a kamisori style, and the intro of the SR was just the kind of excuse I was needing.

I've been away from the barber straights for a while as I was working my way through this year's pile of slant razors for the Tilted Picnic. I had to stand there for a second and remember the technical differences between shaving with a naked blade and shaving with a safety razor, then away we went.

For a first outing I'd say it was a lovely shave. Faster than with a western style barber straight because I didn't have to keep shifting my grip or flipping the razor end for end to get some place that was finicky. Two WTG passes and then a gingerly ATG left a few places for cleanup and generally a smooth comfortable shave. Closer and smoother than I've been doing with a Wahl 5-Star Super-Close -- which gives a BBS every time but it doesn't last longer than a couple of hours.

I found the kamisori to be, if anything, more intuitive than a western style. It's early days -- heck, early day -- but I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time with this razor. I've used the SS and clones as well as the Kai Luffy and Kasho razors; this is another animal entirely. Shave angle as others have reported is lower than with the SS, yet the SR feels "safe" in the sense that finding angles and making strokes didn't raise any trepidations. No nicks, no slices; just a nice shave.

O.H.

A lot of feather users on this! Just had my shave, used a Feather AC SS Wood scales folding Feather Proguard blade. Pre shave was just hot water. Brush was an Omega synthetic, and soap was Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice followed by matching aftershave. Nice woodsy scent, only one small weeper on the chin.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday August 27, 2021
Razor: Feather SR Kamisori
Blade: Kai Mild Pink (2)
Brush: Omega
Soap: Yardley

A lovely relaxing shave this morning. All the stars lined up: it's a shave day, it's my birthday (60), and I've got a new razor to play with. A very enjoyable CCS.

O.H.

Used my Feather AC Teak Folding this morning. It's interesting. I've slowly moved away from my more traditional SRs and am nearly always using my shavettes these days. They give such an extraordinary shave with absolutely zero effort. For lather, I whipped up Mystic's Egyptian Dragon shave stick (I prefer to lather it in my scuttle) and applied it with a Kent Infinity Plus brush. Did a second pass in my usual way with my wood-handled Fusion. Listened to Patrick Tull reading Aubrey & Maturin throughout. A magical morning and good to be alive. Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG

Another shave with my Feather AC Folding Teak. This time I used Mystic Poggio dei Pini shaving stick and Simpson KH4 brush. I can't say it was the best soap and I got almost no later from it by working it into my face or using the brush. Not a problem though. Shave was as slick as could be and second pass was as smooth as can be. Love the scent. Hope everyone is having a great day!

3A989B97-6E55-4CD3-A441-3E41183F7A83.jpeg
865DE1E6-B433-4863-B9A4-3B28A6463126.jpeg

Two consecutive excelent Ali Biyikli Shaves

ab13092021.jpeg

Ali Biyikli Shavette, Wilkinson Stick, Asco Stainless Blade (3) Snapped in half, Semogue 820 Boar, Eyup Sabri Tuncer Cesme Limonu (Fresh Lime scented) , Arko Cream nice and light travel shavette setup.

other snapped half of ASCO blade used on the next day shave.

ab14092021.jpeg

ASCO is a shavette friendly blade. I used first and second time on DE and the third shave is on Ali Biyikli Shavette.

Today I used My Kai Captain Excelia shavette while trying out A&E Tertius for the first time. I had my third Moderna shot hoping I might get some B and Y lymphocyte action since I produced no antibodies from the first two. I tell you this because my right arm muscles hurt like hell and when I went to use it on my upper neck - bam! - a small knick. I've found with the Excelia you have to be totally mindful of what you are at or be prepared for the consequences. I paid the price! Otherwise a very nice shave.

Attachments

• IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
Top Bottom