What's new

What Shavette/Barber-Razor and Blade did you use today? We like PICS

The AC Shavettes are great tools indeed.
I got my Sally AC right after @EspressoAndAftershave mentioned it was available from Sally Beauty supplies.

I also, recently received 2 more from aliexpress.
The one with the black wood handle is identical to the Sally one above it, (brown wood handle) and it actually has better tolerances

Not bad for half the cost of the Sally one.
20201221_211405.jpg
20201221_210932.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat, Dec 26th 2020, Boxing day starts and some folks go a little crazy on sale hunting who have the means.

Razor : AC Kai type shavette clone - seems like a well built shavette AC clone, not as good as stainless for lasting, But will not break the bank to see if using a shavette is a nice shaving experience.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard AC (2) A very nice blade to learn with IMO, very smooth and a little more care free shave using these blades.
Soap: Speick stick- nice mild scent with a some spices and great lather qualities for the first time using.
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra 26 mm knot, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and a nice gentle scrubber if that's what fellow wants.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups. (getting use to this new way of shaving)
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 8.5/10 or CCS,DFS,bBS + no irritation + 2 small blemish weepers = :a17: Great shave with this Kai style AC shavette with a Kai protouch guard blade.

SOTD, DEC 26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & thinks safe in these times!

Ron R

SOTD, Tue, Dec 29th 2020

Razor: KAI AC Shavette folding clone, Mfg 2018> seems well built for a Zamic razor, very easy to move around the face.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard(3) excellent blade, smooth & Sharp and you can get a very close shave like this rookie did. The guarded blade acts like a safety bar on safety razor almost. Kai has really impressed me with their pricy DE blades also, KAI do MFG good quality AC blades IMO. Excellent blade to learn how to use a Shavette.
Soap: Razorock XXX, one of my favorite soaps, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities. On my second tub.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm knot, excellent lather creator, heavenly like soft tips with a nice scrub and some back bone.
Pre Shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCSDFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small weeper on chin area= :a17: Excellent shave with my KAI style folding Shavette clone with a KAI Protouch blade. Very impressed with quality of shave with a guarded blade!

SOTD, Tue, Dec 29th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Does anyone happen to know if 'Kismet' blades (or personna etc...) are compatible with the Feather 'Flexion' or 'Prebeau' hair styling razor?

Does anyone happen to know if 'Kismet' blades (or personna etc...) are compatible with the Feather 'Flexion' or 'Prebeau' hair styling razor?

Normally Feather razors take proprietary blades. Searching for pictures it's clear that the "Prebeau" doesn't take them, but the "Flexion" I can't say for sure.
Until now, I thought the Feather Custom was the closest to taking a Kismet blade, but even that one doesn't quite work. The blades for the Custom are slightly thinner and that makes inserting the Kismet/Personna blade a PITA. Tried it once and when I pulled the blade off, the spine stayed inside the razor and only the blade came off :lol1:.
BTW this then gave me an ideia to use a Kismet without the spine in a Sedef, and this certainly works, but I really don't like that razor (too light for me).

Normally Feather razors take proprietary blades. Searching for pictures it's clear that the "Prebeau" doesn't take them, but the "Flexion" I can't say for sure.
Until now, I thought the Feather Custom was the closest to taking a Kismet blade, but even that one doesn't quite work. The blades for the Custom are slightly thinner and that makes inserting the Kismet/Personna blade a PITA. Tried it once and when I pulled the blade off, the spine stayed inside the razor and only the blade came off :lol1:.
BTW this then gave me an ideia to use a Kismet without the spine in a Sedef, and this certainly works, but I really don't like that razor (too light for me).

Hmmmm. I'll have to look up the 'Custom'. I never knew about that one.
I'm just hoping to find something that works with the Kismet blades; that has some heft to it.
The Razor that they provide is also too lightweight and a Weck Sextoblade is hard to find in good condition and within the $50 - $100 mark.

Hmmmm. I'll have to look up the 'Custom'. I never knew about that one.
I'm just hoping to find something that works with the Kismet blades; that has some heft to it.
The Razor that they provide is also too lightweight and a Weck Sextoblade is hard to find in good condition and within the $50 - $100 mark.

Me too, and I'm in Europe, so it's even tougher to find a Weck. I've also not found any decent alternative, so I gave up.
I'm having very good shaves with a KureNai Half DE and my Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Shavette + Feather AC type blades.
For a future purchase I've been eyeing the Kai Standard for a long time, but I might wait for the Essence razor first.

Ron R

SOTD, Wed Dec 30th 2020

Razor: Kai style folding AC shavette, Well made for a zamic razor it seems, enjoyed the variations it offers for hand to configure.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded- excellent blade for less cuts and offers very close shaves.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm tuxedo knot- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and gives a good scrub.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,bBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with the Kai style folding AC shavette with a KAI protouch blade.
SOTD, Wed, Dec 30th 2020.jpg

Me too, and I'm in Europe, so it's even tougher to find a Weck. I've also not found any decent alternative, so I gave up.
I'm having very good shaves with a KureNai Half DE and my Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Shavette + Feather AC type blades.
For a future purchase I've been eyeing the Kai Standard for a long time, but I might wait for the Essence razor first.

Essence razor?
Where would I be able to follow its development?
A Google search produced no results.

Ron R

SOTD, Thur, Dec 31st 2020

Razor: KAI AC style folding Shavette- well built it seems, easy to maneuver over face, good way to try a AC shavette IMO.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (5) excellent blade for learning or just shaving, It's remarkable how advanced Artist club blades are.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood, very nice scent with a touch of clove. The soap has excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm knot, excellent lather creator + heavenly cloud like soft tips with a nice scrub with a some back bone.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: witch hazel +Ogallala bay rum & sandal wood lotion + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Kai AC folding Shavette + Kai Protouch blade.

SOTD, Thursday Dec 31st 2020.jpg

Yesterday's shave...

- Sally Beauty Feather style clone w/feather pro blade
- MRed brush
- The club: The Novelist (soap/Splash)
- Paco Rabanne: 1 million Prive

Not shown...
Black 3D printed lather bowl by 'Roger Quin designs'

Additional post shave care:
Zingari man unscented recovery splash & rescue potion.

20201230_133956.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday January 6, 2021
Razor: Parker SRX
Blade: 1/2 Astra SP (3)
Brush: SOC
Soap: Proraso Green

IMG_0467[1].JPG

Doing more and more with the Parker but still a little leery of too much ATG in the blind. Went all over WTG, then a little ATG here and there, rang in the S2, and came back to the Parker for the cleanups.

O.H.

Top Bottom