What's new

What shave stick did you use today?

U8597f10029fa428a99961015e1e48f17N.jpg_q50.jpg

Decisions, decisions...
18665CA4-1082-4534-A1C7-D76E89CF5D20.jpeg

Unlabeled: Col Conk Amber, Palmolive

The bus to the photo shoot:
12B25759-4182-46EB-A28D-F79B94F7C3B7.jpeg

My first shave stick purchase was a dozen Arko. I figured I was set for life. I even smashed one into a mug.

Hors catégorie (prep or full shave):
Col Conk, melted, mentholated to the max - no penalty for doping in this Grand Tour

Yellow jersey (no order):
Arko
Tabac
Ach. Brito Mogno

Stage winners:
La Toja
Williams Mug stick
RazoRock Black and Green
Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorns

the peloton (ranked):
Palmolive
RazoRock Gold and Blue
vintage Old Spice
Lea
Derby

dropped/DQ:
Speick (but may re-enter)

I assume the Zesty Lime is a updated scent. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, zesty is an updated Lime. I'm sitting here sniffing them, trying to find the right words. The old formula reminds me of the small dark limes that I can get everywhere I've gone in Mexico. The zesty lime is more in the zone of the large limes I get in the supermarket here in US, leaning towards Key lime a little. I would also call the old formula 'brighter' and the new formula 'deeper'.

I like them both, but I haven't yet entirely switched my allegiance from old to new. I miss "150 YEARS OF CLEAN LIVING", but I'm glad to see the Colonel using his given name on the label. My great grandfather Ichabod would be pleased to see the Colonel standing proud for Ichabods everywhere.

Yes, zesty is an updated Lime. I'm sitting here sniffing them, trying to find the right words. The old formula reminds me of the small dark limes that I can get everywhere I've gone in Mexico. The zesty lime is more in the zone of the large limes I get in the supermarket here in US, leaning towards Key lime a little. I would also call the old formula 'brighter' and the new formula 'deeper'.

I like them both, but I haven't yet entirely switched my allegiance from old to new. I miss "150 YEARS OF CLEAN LIVING", but I'm glad to see the Colonel using his given name on the label. My great grandfather Ichabod would be pleased to see the Colonel standing proud for Ichabods everywhere.

Thanks for your comments. I think I am going to pick some up and make a stick out of it.

Top Bottom