What's new

What shave stick did you use today?

Tabac stick in a bowl 😄

F10B0D61-06EA-49CE-931E-393702D46562.jpeg
4FCBD5ED-AF92-4BE1-9491-3ADE9D666B7E.jpeg

Spanish stick fight - final round

The judges have spoken, but YMMV.

I found out that loading a lot more LEA on my face will result in lather that endures on brush and in bowl for 3 or more passes.

>Scent - LEA Original beats La Toja, for me by a big margin.
>Packaging - La Toja's foil and the better fit in the base clearly beats LEA's annoying tendency to fall out of the base. Clean fingers with La Toja.
>Performance - closer and more comfortable with La Toja. LEA improves for me with a heavy load, but not enough for the win.
>In-shave hydration - La Toja definitely holds more water per unit of product, which explains some of its margin in the endurance and performance stats.
>Sting rating - La Toja over LEA, just slightly.
> Frugality - between the extra product required for the same amount of lather, and the soap lost when the LEA slips and falls into the basin, La Toja outpoints again.

La Toja comes out on top!
C92A19FF-E4C1-4497-BF18-D60FAE12D4D2.jpeg

But I've learned enough about LEA to keep it in my rotation. It won't get handed off to one of my sons. Not like my Speick stick, whose scent cloyed its way out of the den.

I'm off on holiday next week and decided to buy a La Toja stick to take with me (any excuse for a new soap 😂). Today was its test lather and I'm still trying to figure out how a shave stick that cost me £2.50 performs like that (I'm assuming its some sort of magic or witchcraft?).
I rubbed the stick on my wet face and then face lathered with my Omega 50014 travel brush and the lather just exploded. I was expecting to have to work at it a bit but no, almost instant lather and lots of it. Did a couple of test ATG shaves on my cheeks and then washed it off and it felt nice a slick and left my face feeling nice and soft.

Definitely some sort of magic stick!

I'm off on holiday next week and decided to buy a La Toja stick to take with me (any excuse for a new soap 😂). Today was its test lather and I'm still trying to figure out how a shave stick that cost me £2.50 performs like that (I'm assuming its some sort of magic or witchcraft?).
I rubbed the stick on my wet face and then face lathered with my Omega 50014 travel brush and the lather just exploded. I was expecting to have to work at it a bit but no, almost instant lather and lots of it. Did a couple of test ATG shaves on my cheeks and then washed it off and it felt nice a slick and left my face feeling nice and soft.

Definitely some sort of magic stick!
It’s crazy isn’t it? I remember the first time I used it and the lather just kept building. And man I love scent too.

Spanish stick fight - final round

The judges have spoken, but YMMV.

I found out that loading a lot more LEA on my face will result in lather that endures on brush and in bowl for 3 or more passes.

>Scent - LEA Original beats La Toja, for me by a big margin.
>Packaging - La Toja's foil and the better fit in the base clearly beats LEA's annoying tendency to fall out of the base. Clean fingers with La Toja.
>Performance - closer and more comfortable with La Toja. LEA improves for me with a heavy load, but not enough for the win.
>In-shave hydration - La Toja definitely holds more water per unit of product, which explains some of its margin in the endurance and performance stats.
>Sting rating - La Toja over LEA, just slightly.
> Frugality - between the extra product required for the same amount of lather, and the soap lost when the LEA slips and falls into the basin, La Toja outpoints again.

La Toja comes out on top!
View attachment 1155863
But I've learned enough about LEA to keep it in my rotation. It won't get handed off to one of my sons. Not like my Speick stick, whose scent cloyed its way out of the den.
Great report!

La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap Stick.

Hadn't used it in a while but it's a great soap.
Very easy to lather and also very slick and protective. Post shave feel is excellent.

La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap Stick.

Hadn't used it in a while but it's a great soap.
Very easy to lather and also very slick and protective. Post shave feel is excellent.

I had to look that one up! Maybe Santa would bring me one.

Top Bottom