What's new

What shave equipment DIDN’T you buy today

Just curious: when you say that the SWMBO was “already set in her ways”, you mean that she already practiced that kind of discipline, or that the “actually need” category was pretty much the only category she would acknowledge?!?!

Let's just say that she is not, and is unlikely ever to be, a disciple of my nefarious machinations. Her definition of "Need" is rather broad as compared to mine.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Bunch of Heljestrand mk 24 razors, two Wecprep razors, a few Henckels Friodurs, a couple strops, oodles of GEM 1912 and Schick E and G series razors, lots of Feather Pro Super and Schick Proline P-30 packs, and many soaps have all been caught and released. Still wish I got a Jones Shake Sharp mk 1, but didn’t bid.

during this Black Friday I haven’t bought a new Muhle XL STF. I also haven’t bought another tube of shaving cream or soap. In fact, I haven’t bought anything 💪🏻💪🏻

Box of Med Preps from WCS. Too many boar brushes on sale. Soaps I might like, but aren't on the list. I know it's time to stop when I am adding and removing things indecisively. Didn't get an AP handcrafted handle this drop because he didn't make the shape I wanted, decided I am done. For that price, I should be able to get exactly the size opening I want.

On the plus column, something from SV got through...

I haven't bought a bottle of A&E SoCal Hipster aftershave splash but I'm so tempted. What I have purchased however is a 100-pack of Rapira Platinum Lux blades, I figured the prices for steel are on the rise so might as well buy myself some blades before they're too pricey. Well, you know, I need an excuse.

Sorry, but I must say I'm not so sure about the Muhle...
I know, but I think you will agree with my rationale: I feel very good about myself because currently I only own 1 synthetic brush (a Muhle STF M size). If I had purchased the XL, I would have 2 and that soon could become some very dangerous rabbit hole.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I didn't buy nothin'!

Yesterday I didn't buy the cheap Feathers when I got to the check out and they didn't take Paypal. I think I have around 600 blades already.

I was tempted by another Simpsons during the ‘Black Friday‘ sales. Then, I recognized that LOTH is on to my explanation that, ‘I need to let the brushes dry thoroughly.’

Plus, I plan to use that excuse again this Christmas!! :a29::a29::a29:

I know, but I think you will agree with my rationale: I feel very good about myself because currently I only own 1 synthetic brush (a Muhle STF M size). If I had purchased the XL, I would have 2 and that soon could become some very dangerous rabbit hole.
This is a different story: there's wisdom in this decision (even if I could make an analogy and argue that the Trafalgar T2 and T3 are totally different brushes).

Top Bottom