What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

A new artisan soap maker CBL Soaps, just created a soap using Pinaud Clubman. And it's reported to be an exact match to the original Clubman scent! They have many other scents & the soap is getting excellent reviews. Some people are saying they have found their new #1, tier 1 soap. High praise indeed. I am a member of the Order of Pinaud, so I had to order the Club CBL soap. It should deliver Monday. Reviews will follow.
View attachment 923051
I'm definitely interested in that review

I bought the t2 for my bro in law for xmas. I wanted a t3, but they were out, so I got the 4 not realizing how bit it is..it's big, LOL. I may sell her as I think the 3 may be a better fit...but maybe I'll keep it, LOL. The DE razor is beautiful.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Steve

How do you quote a photo? Dave’s new brush’s knot looks a lot like my first (70’s) brush’s knot, except the lovely point on mine pointed off to one side. Nonetheless, for a couple decades it lathered Williams just fine, until my better half got disgusted with the look and bought me a Plisson.
It will be reknotted eventually. Just pic as found @Tanuki
To quote a photo click that posts reply button.

I've been reading about how great the Shick Injector is, so I decided to buy one today. Now I just have to wait for the Post Office to get it here.
Schick.jpg

I started with Schick injector back in the 70s when the Post Office didn’t need to get involved. Excellent shaves, even for a kid who didn’t have much growing yet.

Btw, there is an NOS Schick group purchase brewing on BST.

Grooming Dept unscented pre-shave 4oz

Mandarin Bay - Donkey Milk - Duck Fat - Lamb Tallow
Scent Notes: Mandarin, Bay Rum, Spices, Cedarwood

proxy.php

Citric - Beef & Lamb Tallow Shaving Soap
Scent Notes: Bergamot, Petitgrain, Lemon, Lime, Kaffir Lime Leaf, Blood Orange, Sweet Orange, Angelica, Grapefruit, Black Pepper, Mandarin, Lavender, Castoreum, Pink Pepper, enzoin, Nepalese Citronella, Litsea Cubeba, Ginger, Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Oakmoss Absolute, Coumarin, Jasmine Absolute, Geranium, Ylang Ylang. Violet, Leaf Absolute, Fir Balsam Absolute, Elemi, Vetiver and Amyris

proxy.php

A Muhle R41 should have found its way into our postal system along with a couple of WBL soap samples.
Just learned of that company on this thread so that should be fun. As for the r41 - i've been anticipating
that one for a long while.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Acetone? What does that do for scale making?

Some use acetone on a rag to polish acrylic.

12-2-18.My1stScales.640.JPG 1stScales.12-2-18.640.end.top.JPG

My use of acetone will be to dissolve (I hope) the epoxy attaching a wedge to the scale; I want to revise the Kirinite scales I made by sanding them down on their inner surfaces to make the scales thinner and lighter in weight.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom