What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

Pre de Provence Men's After Shave Balm
PredeP balm.jpg

I just ordered a Rex Envoy and a Karve Brass that I certainly didn't need. But I'm still excited as hell to get them.

Didn't need it but I thought I'd try an offer. It went through and I'm excited to open this bad boy up!

Vintage Gillette Aristocrat.jpg

Not in the best shape but I'm hoping to clean it up and make it fresh.

14770808[1].jpg

Moon Soaps Old School and Havana sets, with the black friday discount code. I think the post shave balms are a new addition to their line.

Shame about the 35$ shipping cost

Ordered a Merkur Progress today. Figured an adjustable was the next step after my Muhle R89 and my Fatip special edition.

proxy.php

Some of the Stirling Goodies.. Soaps, samples, bath soaps, witch hazels, body butters, shea butters, lip balms..

Yup I'm good to go for 2020.

Nothing too extravagant, just a replacement Wilkinson Sword Classic razor (the black Delrin model), a blade bank, some GSBs, and a pack of Nacets to try.

Well, I went on a bit of a spree on AliExpress with some of their Black Friday deals. Most of it involved "inkwell"-style razor stands, like the ones that I described in this thread. Curiosity got the better of me, so I ordered four different styles, as follows:

"Silver Round":
proxy.php

"Silver Circle":
proxy.php

"Black Thread":
proxy.php

and "Red Square" (inadvertent commie reference):
proxy.php

All of them were in the $1-2 range after discounts, coupons, etc.

I also ordered a generic closed-comb razor head ($1.79) for use in my travel kit. It looks identical to a basic Yaqi head that I saw in an earlier thread in which someone said it was a good performer:

proxy.php

And, finally, to ensure that I got at least one decent item, I bought a Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Two-Band Badger brush (discounts brought it down to $21):

proxy.php

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the stuff I ordered on Monday from Maggard Razors to arrive. I suspect it'll take a while longer due to the ultra-cheap/ultra-slow International Economy shipping.

One of the brand new scents from CBL, in their new Tonsorial line.

From the website: surprisingly fresh and spicy blend of nutmeg, patchouli, musk and warm woody notes.

I'm super excited to try this soap. I have two others (Roasted Oatmeal Stout and Sir Fougere) and both are great. This one sounds even better, scent-wise. [emoji846]
proxy.php

Bought another brush... An Ap Shave Co 24mm 2Bed with summer handle.
On sale, $15 due to a scratch on the handle and the knot not perfectly centered. Looks quite nice.

"The 2BED knot is named after its characteristics. It looks like a 2 Band Badger knot, hence the 2B. The ED is the extra density this knot carries. You put that together, you get the 2BED knot." Ap Shave Co
24mm 2bed.jpg

Parker 94R razor
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap puck
Stirling Gentleman shave soap
Four tucks of Gillette 7 o'clock greens
And some other mystery goods that I don't know about.......

Le Pierre Lucien Vetiver aftersave lotion
Le Pierre Lucien Fougere aftersave lotion
Le Pierre Lucien Fougere shaving soap
Epsilon Scottish Spirit aftersave lotion
Le Petit Gaulois shaving soap
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver blue
2 Semogue brush/razor stands
GFT Spanish leather body soap

Top Bottom