What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

Just won the auction for a nickle plated Gillette NEW SC. Looks to be in unused condition, but the photos were not great. I could be blown away or it could be a disappointment. I'm a photographer so I'm a pretty good judge of a digital image--hoping I got it right on this one!

Just won the auction for a nickle plated Gillette NEW SC. Looks to be in unused condition, but the photos were not great. I could be blown away or it could be a disappointment. I'm a photographer so I'm a pretty good judge of a digital image--hoping I got it right on this one!
Congrats, I had that on my watch list but forgot about it. Good catch , the nickel plated SC is not very common.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Just ordered a Muhle Rocca and a Tabac shaving stick off "the big South American river company" website.

The Rocca was on sale plus there was an offer on whereby if I added credit to my Top Up card I got a free £6 credit so the Rocca cost me £62.15 which for a CNC machined 316L stainless steel razor seemed too good of a price to miss out on!
Chucked in a Tabac stick to the order as well which basically cancelled out my £6 saving on the Rocca :lol:

I just purchased some Kai Captain Titan Mild blades for my Excelia J-style. I usually use Feather Pro Guard or Soft Guard. Anybody used these Kai Titan’s? What should I except versus the Feathers? Hope everyone is having a great day!

3x

proxy.php

Went on a sample blade spree:

Gillette - Wilkinson Sword (China) ×2, Gillette - Wilkinson Sword (India) ×2 , Wilkinson - Sword (Germany) ×2, Bolzano - Superinox Inossidabile ×2, Gillette - 7 0'Clock - SharpEdge ×2, Gillette - 7 0'Clock - Permasharp Stainless ×2, Gillette - Platinum ×2, Gillette - Platinum New ×2, Gillette - Silver Blue ×2 and Rapira - Platinum Lux ×2.

Used the silver blues before and love them, but figured I'd get another set of samples with them to compare with the others.

Went on a sample blade spree:

Gillette - Wilkinson Sword (China) ×2, Gillette - Wilkinson Sword (India) ×2 , Wilkinson - Sword (Germany) ×2, Bolzano - Superinox Inossidabile ×2, Gillette - 7 0'Clock - SharpEdge ×2, Gillette - 7 0'Clock - Permasharp Stainless ×2, Gillette - Platinum ×2, Gillette - Platinum New ×2, Gillette - Silver Blue ×2 and Rapira - Platinum Lux ×2.

Used the silver blues before and love them, but figured I'd get another set of samples with them to compare with the others.

I went on a blade sample spree a few months back (although I bought a 5 or 10 tuck of each), I have around 75 different blades to sample now. Should keep me occupied for a while!

Reactions: Fen
Ordered my first Zenith boar brush (a 80B), looking forward to breaking it in and comparing it with Omegas, Semogue and Mondial!

In the last 2 days...
B&B Shavemac Beagle Butterscotch Fan
Ever Ready 1912
GEM JR 1912
GEM Micromatic Open Comb MMOC
GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
E72E038A-9F0F-415E-A12D-96244A4453EA.jpeg
92324FDC-21B9-4FDE-9E10-2D7A71CFD7A4.jpeg
32236314-1FBF-45CC-AF3E-A65AF84D6402.jpeg
BC87B651-4A2C-4DCC-A665-43F4427334A2.jpeg

My latest purchase was some stuff to use for my first shave in my new home. We move to Orlando at the end of July. I'm actually quite familiar with the scent, but my current tub is the C2 version. This one is in B&M's newer Excelsior base. The Timeless bronze .78 is supposed to be their most aggressive razor; even more aggressive than the .95 which I've used for years.
DSC_0009.JPG

Have a 1958 (D-4) Gillette Red Tip Superspeed on the way. Super looking forward to using it. Also just got a 1958 TV Special Flair Tip Superspeed. I’ll review them, I have good hopes.

Top Bottom