What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

Late, but a few weeks ago a 1930’s Gillette OC TTO Sheraton, and yesterday a Timeless Bronze not here yet.

Attachments

• 1DB78B37-C1F8-408A-9BC8-FA3FDD77855F.jpeg
    1DB78B37-C1F8-408A-9BC8-FA3FDD77855F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 99D47A26-3607-47E5-8C3E-90410C5182D3.jpeg
    99D47A26-3607-47E5-8C3E-90410C5182D3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Found these at an antique place. Ever Ready SE, and a Old Spice shave mug made in Belgium.
They also had a 2 Star Brass 3 piece razors, and a Dame Stoddard 'HUB' straight razor, but I don't know enough about them to know if the razors were worth what they were asking. The Star razors looked to be solid brass, so I might go back and get them.
the Dame Stoddard would likely need to be honed, but I don't know if it is worth it.

View attachment 1136378

View attachment 1136379

View attachment 1136380

View attachment 1136381

View attachment 1136382

View attachment 1136383

View attachment 1136384
Wow, those mugs are in great shape !!

Bought three new soaps/creams late yesterday. Found Derby Lemon cream on the cheap and since I have never used anything but the shave sticks so I figured it was worth a gamble. If it sucks I will only lose $6, and I've spent more than that on much dumber things. Also added a tub of Omega shave soap, and Henri et Victoria Lime shave soap.

From a small Chemist earlier today;
2x60g Taylor Sandalwood (Travel Size) £5
1 Kent Soap Puck £5.50
1 Palmolive Stick 99 Pence.

I didn’t need them, but at those prices!

I've been procuring quite a bit in my new hobby zest....

1. Waiting in the mailbox today: Razorock BBS from a forum member.
  2. Finally shipped out today: Rockwell 6c in gunmetal chrome
  3. Also shipped today: Stirling Barbershop shape soap, barbershop bath soap, coniferous pre-shave oil, and Rosemary & Mint shampoo bar.
  4. Arrived yesterday: Proraso Green cream
  5. Bought yesterday on forum: Stirling Haverford, Tsuka shave soap, Tsuka and Deep Blue Sea after shave, Razorock brush
  6. Procured over last week: multiple multiple samples of Stirling and TOBS, full tubs of TOBS Eton College and Mr. Taylor, 100 Astra SP, Gillete sampler pack of blades (discovered Nacet)
Soooo putting this all in one place tells this fella to slow the truck down.

It was just the one mug. But it really is in great shape. It's an earlier mug, before they started putting in the ridges to hold the puck. I've picked up 3 more OS mugs since then, all in excellent shape.
The one in the pic is certainly a great find. I have two of them that I thought were old as I inherited them from my grandfather, but they do have the ridges in them. I guess I just assumed they were old because they are so faded, barely legible in fact. I'm curious as to when or about they started to add the ridges, any idea ?

The one in the pic is certainly a great find. I have two of them that I thought were old as I inherited them from my grandfather, but they do have the ridges in them. I guess I just assumed they were old because they are so faded, barely legible in fact. I'm curious as to when or about they started to add the ridges, any idea ?

From what I have found, they started adding them in the '50's, as indicated here.

This is the main website were that information is found: Old Spice Collectables.

There is also a good youtube channel called The Gentleman's Club that has good info it's various videos.
I stumbled upon Marc's youtube website while researching the mug that I posted here.
I'll send you some pics of all my mugs here in a bit in the message area.

From what I have found, they started adding them in the '50's, as indicated here.

This is the main website were that information is found: Old Spice Collectables.

There is also a good youtube channel called The Gentleman's Club that has good info it's various videos.
I stumbled upon Marc's youtube website while researching the mug that I posted here.
I'll send you some pics of all my mugs here in a bit in the message area.
Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate that.
Wow so that mug in the pic is at least pre 1960 !?? That's amazing that you found one in such great shape !
And yes, I'd love to see pics of what you've got in your collection, Thank You

Top Bottom