What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

Proraso shave cream.......
proxy.php

AOM

Today I ordered a solid, sterling silver, lather bowl. Apart from adding a touch of class to the bathroom, I expect the silver will have excellent material properties, for a lather bowl. Silver is the best thermal conductor of all the metals and second only to diamond. This should mean that it transfers heat very well into the lather and heats up quickly and evenly when floating in the sink. I float the bowl in a warm sink between passes. Silver is the most reflective of all the metals. This should mean that, when polished, little heat is lost through radiation. Silver is pretty dense. At 173 grams the bowl has significant thermal mass to last while lathering in the hand. It should float rather than sink but should sit fairly low in the water. The size is near ideal for me at 4.5 x 2.125”. Shape is good with steep sides and ridges in the bottom. A slightly flailed lip for whipping off the sides of the brush. I’m looking forward to trying this out.

Purchased vintage from a reputable dealer for just under the spot melt price I think it is a pretty good deal.

20F4A510-DC1F-4AF4-83EC-F9730E43752E.jpeg

Tiger platinum blades and Sterimedendo (works like Barbicide and i think it is made in Turkey) for disinfection and cleaning razors and brushes.
I used Sterimedendo for the first time today and it is very effective cleaner. There are no soap dirt back on razors.
images_1582501546640.jpeg
IMG_20200224_013859.jpg

Well, I went big Brush crazy!!! Today I ordered these brushes from Italian Barber.

RazoRock THE HULK Shaving Brush
RazoRock Monster Shaving Brush
Never tried a Plissoft. I like my Parker Silver Tip Badger because it's soft at the top but has backbone and is stiffer deeper down the brush.

Is the Plissoft like that?

Top Bottom