What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

A new puck of Pre de Provence soap from Amazon. Should be delivered on Saturday. My first non Williams/VDH repeat buy.

Custom synthetic brush by Staszek Lowicki ( Stando Shaving Accessories) and Polish artisan shave soap (cooperation Mydlana Chata and Stando).

proxy.php

Last edited:
I do believe it's been about two years since my last post in B&B. In that time I've simply explored the vast collection of soaps, creams, razors, blades, brushes, and aftershaves in my collection. In that time I have whittled down the den a bit - sold or used up product mostly - but I've made some revelations about my preferences in soaps and blades. I won't stop exploring and I do still have a few varieties of goods in the shave den but I clearly favor the Italian blades and soaps and stocked up on some Bolzano blades and Cella soaps. I padded the order with a couple of bath soaps as well - Mitchell's Wool Fat and La Toja Magno!
P1030732.JPG

Last edited:
Found a N1 Gillette Knack, a W1 Gillette Super Speed and an Ever-Ready 1912 while browsing local antique stores yesterday. Got em mostly clean this morning, still gonna put em through the ultrasonic cleaner later today and scrub the last bits of green out of the brassy areas.

20180826_100543.jpg

Fell to temptation of WCS free shipping - I have a Maggard's synthetic and AoS badger brush, have been curious about boar for a while and since they can be got for so cheap...ordered one of these today (Omega 10066).

proxy.php

Some products from Stirling Soap: a bar of their Coniferous bath soap; I like pine scents and I love the description on their website:

"This is you taking a stroll through the forest when out of nowhere two trees jump out and pin you to the ground while a third three sits on top of you and beats the stuffing out of you. Then, once he’s done, he jams some moss up your nose. Caution: May cause excessive Manliness."

Also a sample jar of Baker Street shave soap, a full-size bottle of Sharp Dressed Man aftershave, and a packet of 10 Feather blades. I know I could have gotten the Feathers cheaper elsewhere, but then I'd have wound up paying 2 shipping costs, probably more in total than their $4.55.

In truth, this is a remarkably inexpensive hobby as grown-up guy hobbies go.

Top Bottom