What's new

What scuttle/mug/lather bowl did you use today?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Vikings Blade "Chairman" bowl. Heavy bead blasted S/S. A wee bit small, and too expensive, but a nice little luxury on mornings like this when I whip up some uber lather. (It's in the mid-60s already, here in upstate NY, so there's no need for the scuttle.)

Boy. it's been awhile since I last posted in this thread and over a year since anyone else has.
So this is what I've been using for the past couple of weeks.
A Pereira Unbreakable Lather Bowl. It whips up lather in a fraction of the time it takes with other bowls, mugs, and scuttles I've used in the past. It also bounces off tile pretty well as I've accidentally discovered and came out unscathed.
20190508_070734.jpg
20190508_070644.jpg
20190508_070709.jpg
20190508_072941.jpg

Boy. it's been awhile since I last posted in this thread and over a year since anyone else has.
A Pereira Unbreakable Lather Bowl. It whips up lather in a fraction of the time it takes with other bowls, mugs, and scuttles I've used in the past. It also bounces off tile pretty well as I've accidentally discovered and came out unscathed.
View attachment 979097 View attachment 979098 View attachment 979099 View attachment 979100
That looks awesome!! I just got the Proraso Mug and I'm stupid stoked about it save for the fact that it's a little deep. Yours on the other hand...

Plastic isn't as "sexy" as clay or bronze, but it's lovely not to have to care about dropping something when your hands are wet and soapy lol!

Haven't seen those before. Does it retain heat very well?

Haven't seen those before. Does it retain heat very well?
I honestly don't know. I'm more of a cold lather kind of guy.
I was curious as to what type of plastic it's made of, but the only thing the maker of this bowl would say is that its plastic infused with minerals, so it's anyone's guess as to its heat tolerances and or melting point.

View attachment 979097 View attachment 979098 View attachment 979099 View attachment 979100
Gorgeous handle on that brush - what is it?

Nice looking bowl you have there...I think I recognize that razor too.

I just used my timeless plastic bowl, which is awesome. It's cheap, thick, heavy enough, a great size, and whips up a wonderful lather.

I also have a plastic kids snack / cereal bowl from Target (pillowfort brand) that cost about 60 cents. It has this rough inside texture that helps a little in lather making. It's light, so I can't leave my brush in it (it'll tip over), but for under a dollar it's awesome. If it falls, it wont break... That's my deal breaker in shave bowls.

(PS, that's a stock photo from Target... But you get the idea.)

proxy.php

Top Bottom