What's new

What scents would you like to see?

These days I should imagine that nearly every scent imaginable is represented in the collections of the various soapmakers; however there are a number of scents, and combinations thereof, that I have yet to come across and seeing as we have a number of soapmakers as part of the community I thought it would be interesting to see what scents everyone would like to see become available.
To begin with I would like to see:
Bitter Cherry and Vanilla (please someone make this)
West Indian Bay (I know there are a lot of Bay Rum scents available, but I have seen very little using just the essential oil of the Bay plant)
Ylang Ylang (once again available in various combinations, I think, but the individual oil smells good enough to warrant at least one soap or cream.)

Sandalwood & ginger. Maybe with a little jasmine. I may just have to go buy some oils and experiment!

jfm said:
Sandalwood & ginger. Maybe with a little jasmine. I may just have to go buy some oils and experiment!

Now that sounds interesting - not sure why some people want to smell like ice cream or candy, but to each his own.

What about some citrus/mint combination - bergamot might work.

Suzuki said:
Now that sounds interesting - not sure why some people want to smell like ice cream or candy, but to each his own.

Maybe they have a sweet tooth but can't eat the sweets themselves... Smelling is almost as nice. Aside from it makes me want it more.

GuitarDan said:
It may be odd, but I'd love the smell of cavendish tobacco. Not smoke, just the fresh tobacco.

I wouldn't say odd. I don't really care for smoke either, though for scent I'd give pipe smoke the lead over cigarette or worse cigar smoke any day. I do however love walking through the isles of some pharmacies that sell pipe tobacco. Lovely smells from that isle!

I think that the Cavendish tobacco would go very nicely with some sort of leather scent.
P.S apologies for the embarassing repetition of the word see in my first post, after years of being forced to adhere to immaculate grammar and perfect spelling my brain has decided to rebel. I wont not speak or spell no good no more.:blush:

I would like to see some more herbal/spicy scents, one noters like straight Basil, Rosemary, Clove, etc.

Hmmm. Good show Alex! Just what I need I have in excess of 80 soaps and creams and you want to now what other fragrances I want?:001_rolle
How about unfettered JASMINE! Straight up asnd nasty Patchouli! And ...

AJS said:
I think that the Cavendish tobacco would go very nicely with some sort of leather scent.
P.S apologies for the embarassing repetition of the word see in my first post, after years of being forced to adhere to immaculate grammar and perfect spelling my brain has decided to rebel. I wont not speak or spell no good no more.:blush:

Gotcha Alex what did I tell you I was to follow your every post now for grammar mistakes ? !!!!!:lol:

guenron said:
Hmmm. Good show Alex! Just what I need I have in excess of 80 soaps and creams and you want to now what other fragrances I want?:001_rolle
How about unfettered JASMINE! Straight up asnd nasty Patchouli! And ...

I like that I always love a fresh cup of chinese jasmin tea after a nice dinner at the chinese restaurant ..

Hmm Fresh Apple Pie Cream , vannilla lemon Curd shave stick , peanutbutter soap , Fresh chocolate Jelly shave stick, mint coconut shave cream , Amaretto di Crema (nice shave cream based on hints of famous italian coffee and mascarpone based on Tiramisu recepy ) anyone lather up ?

its all Ron's fault him and his Jasmin..... got me mixed up. :confused:

Top Bottom