What's new

What scents would you like to see?

water said:
Maybe I am overlooking something, but I cannot find a link to where I might purchase the Black Cavendish Shave Soap?

I think you need to contact Colleen directly. Her username on that forum is churley. Try looking her up that way.

Given the amount of positive feedback on SRP, I would be very interested to hear from B&B members who have tried these soaps as well.

i really enjoy the scent of the Black Cavendish Shave Soap, it was very different from anything i had tried to date. the soap lathered easily & was very slick on my face. i had to discontinue the use of it as it burned my face like nothing before it.

s~s

AJS said:
These days I should imagine that nearly every scent imaginable is represented in the collections of the various soapmakers; however there are a number of scents, and combinations thereof, that I have yet to come across and seeing as we have a number of soapmakers as part of the community I thought it would be interesting to see what scents everyone would like to see become available.
To begin with I would like to see:
Bitter Cherry and Vanilla (please someone make this)
West Indian Bay (I know there are a lot of Bay Rum scents available, but I have seen very little using just the essential oil of the Bay plant)
Ylang Ylang (once again available in various combinations, I think, but the individual oil smells good enough to warrant at least one soap or cream.)

Alex, I have a cherry/almond that is to die for, but I am told not to use it in soaps as both cherry and almond are supposed to burn like crazy...

I also have both bay and ylang ylang essential oils, pm me and let's talk about a blend that you mike like using these....

Hugs,

Sue (Mama Bear)

TraderJoe said:
1> Patchouli Spearmint
2> Something similar to Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue bit with staying power
3> Sandalwood Coconut

I could do both the patchouli spearmint and a sandalwood coconut... is anyone else interested??

Sue

fuerein said:
Maybe they have a sweet tooth but can't eat the sweets themselves... Smelling is almost as nice. Aside from it makes me want it more.

If you like sweets.... I have a creme brulee fragrance oil that is guaranteed to make you gain weight while sniffing it!! :biggrin:

Sue

water said:
Maybe I am overlooking something, but I cannot find a link to where I might purchase the Black Cavendish Shave Soap?

Sorry, guess I should have said this to start with :mellow: but you have to email her. I think for a while she is going to be working on a very large order so I don't know if she is filling individuals orders atm. But just send and email and ask about the Cavendish, she is very friendly and will let you know what you can do.

I got a sample of it from her a little while back and I loved it.

Suzuki said:
What about some citrus/mint combination
Charles at QED has a nice tangerine/spearmint soap that I like, and a grapefruit/peppermint that I haven't tried (yet).

As for my wish - avocado! Not like Taylor's avocado, which although wonderful does not smell like avocado, but a real avocado scent. The closest I've found is C&E Avocado body lotion!

For anyone who is interested in the Gentleman's Quarter soaps, you get 2 or 3 free when you purchase a Thomas Anthony brush.

I smelled some Verbena Pre de Provence soap today - WOW that was great. As far as I can tell there's no one making a shave soap using Verbena, but I would love to be proven wrong on that.

birchhook said:
I smelled some Verbena Pre de Provence soap today - WOW that was great. As far as I can tell there's no one making a shave soap using Verbena, but I would love to be proven wrong on that.

Mama Bear was looking into making a Verbena EO soap, but the EO itself costs $75/ oz. This would mean each individual round would cost $25. Still, I think this is something worth doing, I love Verbena, so maybe if we got the interested parties together beforehand we could work something out.

Top Bottom