What's new

What scents a soap must or must not have?

M

mtcn77

According to Fragrantica, Prorasao Azur & Lime has scent notes of: lime, mint, juniper betties, musk, patchouli, and moss. I have seen other descriptions that include orange and lemon in the citrus accord, but I suspect what you are detecting as bergamot may be due to the combination of citrus and mint. I have not seen any descriptions that include bergamot, however, it is commonly found in citrus scents.
I had a similar issue in the past that I can make account of. An ice tea brand that sells here wasn't some taste that I took fond of. Once, we had it in the fridge and the ice tea started freezing. I tasted it the day after and the taste had improved until I could discern what it was, infact it was rather sweet at that point. So, either it is me, or things smell different to me when diluted past their point.

This is a really fun thread ! I won't even try to compete with the humor being posted, ..... I'll simply say that bay rum and lavender are my favorite soap scents.

I had a similar issue in the past that I can make account of. An ice tea brand that sells here wasn't some taste that I took fond of. Once, we had it in the fridge and the ice tea started freezing. I tasted it the day after and the taste had improved until I could discern what it was, infact it was rather sweet at that point. So, either it is me, or things smell different to me when diluted past their point.

Temperature and concentration definitely affect the aroma of many scents.

Many perfumes contain minute concentrations of scents derived from things we would normally consider putrid: ambergris from sperm whales, civet oil from the civet cat, or musk from the glands of a musk deer. In high concentrations, these aromas would be quite unpleasant. However, in minute concentration, they are pleasant. Musk was originally harvested by trapping and killing musk deer. Today, the musk scent is normally obtained from plants and resins that have a similar odor or by using synthetic musk.

M

mtcn77

Temperature and concentration definitely affect the aroma of many scents.

Many perfumes contain minute concentrations of scents derived from things we would normally consider putrid: ambergris from sperm whales, civet oil from the civet cat, or musk from the glands of a musk deer. In high concentrations, these aromas would be quite unpleasant. However, in minute concentration, they are pleasant. Musk was originally harvested by trapping and killing musk deer. Today, the musk scent is normally obtained from plants and resins that have a similar odor or by using synthetic musk.
Maybe that is what I find distaste in.
Anyway...
Did a Tabac shave. Nothing wrong with those scent notes. I could drench myself in cinnamon to smell like Tabac all day. 5 passes and I'm clean as a cinnamon roll/apple pie. So relaxing.👃🥧🤤

Aside from anything with menthol, I avoid scents that are smoky, too sweet, and too strong. (also not too keen on Rose)

I'm a fan of classics like (Tallow Tabac, SIR, MWF, DRH Windsor, Valobra AOS Sandalwood) and light scented soaps.

Top Bottom