What's new

What say the board on WSP aftershaves?

I think they are the perfect balance of alcohol and witch hazel. Haven't tried Bourbon & Pepper, but their scents are usually well received.

I have multiple WSP soaps and AS. I consider them to be a smashing value. The soaps (vegan and tallow) are quite above the norm in quality and the AS stands heads-and-shoulders above many others that I've tried, from a skin-goodies standpoint. I wouldn't call them "top tier" but they are very close, and I very much recommend them.

The Amber Vanille soap is totally amazing, by the way. A must-buy.

I have 1 ounce samples of Mahogany and Tobacco. Tobacco is a winner. Mahogany is a little too sweet/vanilla for me. I'm not a vanilla fan. I also just received a bunch of 1 ml vials of scents I wanted to try. Ordered a full bottle of True Lavender AS and it's great. I'll be getting more once I get through some samples. I think you'll like them.

I've used one, Tobacco, and it has my highest praise. The scent was strong for eight hours, and lingered for another four. I'll be trying others in the future.

Added Dragons Blood and Black Pepper to my den. Both very solid. Dragons Blood reminds me a little of Skin Bracer Cool Spice...and maybe the scent of Spencer's Gifts store in the US malls...I am dating myself here. LOL. Black Pepper is a more subtle, slightly sweet, with a base of (you guessed it) Black Pepper spiciness. Both are keepers IMO.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have their Mahogany and Blackbeard aftershaves. Blackbeard is my favorite of the two, but Mahogany is also very good...in fact wearing it today. My favorite soap is WSP Blackbeard Rustic edition. I will undoubtedly be getting more of their stuff. Quality is excellent. One of the orders I placed with them, they sent me a sample soap with their tobacco scent...I like that also!

I have a bunch of cologne samples on order, at $1.50 each, it’s easy to get carried away. :)

Last edited:
This thread has resurfaced and I'll always put in a good word for WSP. Lee is a true scent artist. His sandalwood is the only sandalwood AS I use. I also have Blackbeard w/menthol, Gaelic Tweed, and Olympus. As far as soaps go, Formula T is as good as anything out there IMO. Rustic doesn't quite match Formula T's performance but the scent usually comes through better.

WSP has what they call their Signature Scents. Sadly they are more expensive, but I must say the Tobacco Vanilla and the Oud Citron are pretty awesome scents.

I'm using their Bay Rum soap - superb! And I have their Olympus (pineapple high note) and Sandalwood. The Olympus is so-so to my nose, but the Sandalwood is perfect.

I finally found a seller that would ship the aftershaves to me!

The aftershaves are awesome! One thing I love about WSP is that the scents are on point but subtle. Unlike Stirling and Fine who have amazing scents but are way too strong for me.

The only thing I needed to do was drop a few menthol crystals into the aftershaves for a stronger bracing effect.

A090180D-7DAE-46CA-8346-902D471663F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Only experience with soap and balm since shipping alcohol is a b….
but they have nice strong scents
The balm does sting on my skin though.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Have always liked WSP's soaps and aftershaves. Their Bay Rum is first class.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Wsp is tops. They need more live glad they ship more places and to see an old thread reborn. I’ve got a lot of their line. I think I like rustic base over T. I get the aftershave with added menthol. I like the punch of their scents. I’ve tried and also recommend their bath soap. Hair stuff. Shampoo bars.
the tobacco scent is beyond amazing.

I live about 20 minutes from their shop. When I first started this journey I did a search to see what (if any) artisans might be in the area as metro Phoenix is huge. First visit was a bit overwhelming if only because of so many scents, a kind of Pavlovian response to all the nose candy (can I use that phrase?). Second visit my son was in town on leave from his Navy duty so we got a tour of the place. Met Lee and Melanie--both really nice people. Got to see the whole operation; of course, you don't do something like that without purchasing something, and I had the excuse of having my son with me--he got me in this mess in the first place.

I have Matterhorn and Citrus Blast, the latter of which blew my socks off the first time I smelled it. The former is a superb, clean scent I really enjoy. Their barbershop scent is probably the favorite of the few I have tried thus far, and it's far and away their best seller.

Performance-wise, I prefer Formula T, which Matterhorn is, but the Citrus Blast I have is Rustic formula; both are fantastic laterhers and I have yet to have a poor shave with either.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I live about 20 minutes from their shop. When I first started this journey I did a search to see what (if any) artisans might be in the area as metro Phoenix is huge. First visit was a bit overwhelming if only because of so many scents, a kind of Pavlovian response to all the nose candy (can I use that phrase?). Second visit my son was in town on leave from his Navy duty so we got a tour of the place. Met Lee and Melanie--both really nice people. Got to see the whole operation; of course, you don't do something like that without purchasing something, and I had the excuse of having my son with me--he got me in this mess in the first place.

I have Matterhorn and Citrus Blast, the latter of which blew my socks off the first time I smelled it. The former is a superb, clean scent I really enjoy. Their barbershop scent is probably the favorite of the few I have tried thus far, and it's far and away their best seller.

Performance-wise, I prefer Formula T, which Matterhorn is, but the Citrus Blast I have is Rustic formula; both are fantastic laterhers and I have yet to have a poor shave with either.
Great story. I love citrus blast too. Aptly named! You’re on the money with Matterhorn it’s the epitome of crisp.

I have Gaelic Tweed and Black Pepper soaps and aftershaves. I really enjoy using their products....they perform superbly.

I just discovered WSP. I know where and what have Been doing? Right. Anyhow have 2 "t" soaps headed this way. Can not wait to try them out Sandalwood and Bay Rum.

Top Bottom