What's new

What razors do you still need?

No just very easy and carefree to drive. Then again I've driven a couple of cars with automatic transmission that indeed made me grind my teeth. I was referring to the other kind of automatic transmission where you choose a driving mode and let the car do the rest.
Yeah, I know what you mean, it was a cheap joke but, I mean, it was right there.... [emoji23]

Enviado desde mi G8341 mediante Tapatalk

The first shave with a Friodur can be compared with the first time you drive a car with a modern automatic gearbox.

Hmmh, I would have thought it could be compared with the first time one drives a classic European sports car with manual gearbox, maybe?
(You have to treat it with respect, need to kow what you are doing, some practice may be required, but once that is all done it will give you tremendous pleasure.)

For aficionados of modern automatic gearboxes, Gillette and the likes may have something more suitable in store for them. :cool:

B.

Something like these western style kamisoris.

ELMAX stainless steel

Hardened to HRC 60

Shave-ready

Hand-honed to 12Kgrit & stropped

Western hollow grint

9/8'

near wenge

Somewhere in the $200 -$ 300 price range.

Attachments

• 20200707071817_kamisori classic 4.jpeg
    20200707071817_kamisori classic 4.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201123064011_kamisory b1.jpeg
    20201123064011_kamisory b1.jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Need nothing, but somewhat lusting after a pristine King Pelican 14.

I let a pair of them get away — lost my nerve at the last minute. My wallet on the other hand has finally stopped hyperventilating at the near miss, but remains nervously looking over its shoulder.

Would love an old early Wade and Butcher. Passed on a really cool one at a great price about 6 months ago and although I'm not really kicking my butt for passing on it, I'd probably do things differently if the opportunity were to come up again.

I was looking at a Ralf Aust 6/8 Spanish point in horn, but something came up and I will have to wait a while.

On the plus side, I guess I'll have more time to get aquatinted with my growing collection of 4/8 Swedes.

So there are some solid vintage American razors at decent prices on the bay still. You have to hunt and peck, be patient, and keep searching often, but they are there. I watched a nice Winchester in good shape go for around 25 bucks a bit back. Decent torrey razors for about that can be had. Genkos, genemas, and even Dixie manufacturing makes good razors and can be found cheap.

I have to get a German razor as I don't have one. I really want an ERN. Oh and then I want more Sheffield razors. And Swedish razors. I figured I could collect 2 dozen more Sheffield razors alone before it felt like excess.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I do not need or want another razor. I probably should sell half of what I already have. I would be happy with three or four of the ones I have. I rotate razors every couple of weeks and have begun to notice I’m rotating the same four or five with the occasional one off.

Top Bottom