What's new

What Razor Would You Replace Immediately If You Lost/Broke It?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have a small collection. Like a lot of people, I started with an Edwin Jagger DE89 (which I have passed on to a good friend). Mergress, Tech, and 4 ATT's.

But the razor I use at home virtually every day for the past 5 years is the Wolfman. I purchased mine back when they were only $200 CAD, so it would break my heart - but I would be begging James for a replacement the next day.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Good question/thread!

I would definitely replace my Karve Brass SB (Plate B)...but more than likely would get the stainless steel version of it rather than the brass.

My first impulse is to say the Gillette Red Tip. I have a Merkur Progress now, which is beautiful, and a Fatip Open Comb Slant and a Hoffritz Slant, and a Slim and three Techs, and a birth year Super Speed (which oddly is my least favorite). But there is something very special about the look of, and the shave given by, the Red Tip.

It might also be that all the others went straight into service with only moderate cleaning, or none for the new razors. The Slim got replated, but I didn't do that myself. Only the Red Tip required some minor work -- purchasing and applying paint to touch up the red section. Sort of like being more attached to a car on which you've done some work, as opposed to a vehicle you just brought right home from the dealer and put to work without any preparation.

Last edited:
Game Changer 0.84-P sb .
I’ve already two spares (complete razors).
One of the greatest DE razors ever !

The one I would not want to lose or break is my Gillette single ring which has a 1917 date code.
It has been my daily for many months in a row.

I do switch up just to use my other razors but I am very comfortable with the SR Gillette.

Friodur 17, Maher and grosh toledo blade. For safety razors, it would be my shake sharp closely follower by a British Ever-Ready 1912. With those razors I could shave happily for the rest of my life. Unfortunately I'm a hopeless razor collector, so I would inevitably collect more.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Very fond of my 64 Gillette Super Speed, so I acquired another 60’s Super Speed in the black handled version.

I own a number of Gillette Techs, if I lost them all I'd buy another Tech.

I'd not be bothered about which particular model as even though they all have slight differences, they all seem to suit my face perfectly.

Top Bottom