What's new

What razor would you go with for a fist shave?

R

rainman

My fists aren't too hairy yet, although they are getting that way. I think I'm related to Wolverine. What would be the best razor for this?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
How about one of those Merkur eyebrow / mustache razors? Small enough to get in good between the knuckles.

Starting out, I'd recommend a '50s Superspeed. Pretty hard to beat this one, for a newbie. You can branch out from there down the road when you've developed your technique.

-- John Gehman

I know this is a wet-shaving forum but maybe a Philips/Norelco Body Groomer would be option you may want to consider.

Got one and it does a great job.

R

rainman

Thanks all! Didn't realize this many people had experience with this topic. Now I'm well on my way to a good fist shave!

proxy.php

G

gone down south

Tweezers.

You don't want stubble on your hands, just pluck those hairs.

I don't mean to be rude, disrespectful, sarcastic, funny, or anything like that, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone who had to remove hair from the back of their hands. I did have a friend who was advised by a trainer at the gym to trim his armpit hair because he was so "hirsuit", and was pretty picky about his grooming otherwise, as the trainer put it. It seems like one of the other ways that have been suggested would be better than dealing with razor stubble. I think I would consider one of the chemical hair removers, too, like Nair. Interesting post, and something I haven't ever thought about before.

:cool:

I don't mean to be rude, disrespectful, sarcastic, funny, or anything like that, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone who had to remove hair from the back of their hands. I did have a friend who was advised by a trainer at the gym to trim his armpit hair because he was so "hirsuit", and was pretty picky about his grooming otherwise, as the trainer put it. It seems like one of the other ways that have been suggested would be better than dealing with razor stubble. I think I would consider one of the chemical hair removers, too, like Nair. Interesting post, and something I haven't ever thought about before.

:cool:

Just FYI, the word is "hirsute."

For learning how to remove hair from your hands the shaving forum is the wrong place.
The red-neck barbecue forums would handle that question nicely.

I have always (accidentally) used fire to remove hair from my knuckles.

Top Bottom