What's new

What razor stand to pair with RR gamechanger

i am about to get a .84 GC at italian barber, but strangely enough , almost every razor stand is sold out.
i dont intend to get a SS razor stand as they seem to rust (my rockwell SS stand is a good example) so best option would be those plastic ones.
any suggestions?

There are razor stands similar to the Rockwell stand at AliExpress for only some Euros.
I paired my Rockwell with a cheap Black stand as the other colors didn't seem to Match.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Ikon has an aluminum one that is nice which has a hole in the bottom to help it drain. That is what I use. Also a few brass ones on eBay that are plated, these don't normally gave holes bit are easy to drill a small drain home through.

Just my 2 cents but I don’t like metal stands for my razors. Causes small surface scratches. They don’t look as pretty but plastic ones won’t scratch your finish. I just buy VDH kits when I gift a razor for this reason.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If you are having a hard time finding a stand and are starting to accumulate a lot of nice razors and have some wood tools around. I made my own and never regretted it, looking always for something better but some Rad set in 2018 and I found this easy to see my favorite razors and keep protected & like looking sometimes what one to use for the next shave.
Razor stand (2).jpg

That looks like pressure treated 4x4. If that is true, I would be concerned.
I might be wrong, as I have been wrong before, many times.

Ron R

That looks like pressure treated 4x4. If that is true, I would be concerned.
I might be wrong, as I have been wrong before, many times.
It's left over decking and it's been treated and my razors just sit in the wood holes. Maybe floating germs that are in every bathroom will not want to visit my razors that are in my wooden quiver. You could use other wood products and I have another one that is not treated.

Gem Quiver (2).jpg

It's left over decking and it's been treated and my razors just sit in the wood holes. Maybe floating germs that are in every bathroom will not want to visit my razors that are in my wooden quiver....
In my opinion the floating germs are the least of your concerns, looking at the pressure treated lumber used for that application.

Ron R

In my opinion the floating germs are the least of your concerns, looking at the pressure treated lumber used for that application.
I hope you do not walk on your deck barefoot or the children or........ really! I must be getting old because my attitude towards certain things is not that great anymore and you could have a point, but............................

The EPA is concerned with the levels of chromated copper arsenate (CCA) in pressure-treated lumber, as the arsenate in CCA is a type of arsenic, which is a carcinogenic.

If you are having a hard time finding a stand and are starting to accumulate a lot of nice razors and have some wood tools around. I made my own and never regretted it, looking always for something better but some Rad set in 2018 and I found this easy to see my favorite razors and keep protected & like looking sometimes what one to use for the next shave.
View attachment 941241

Who is that woman there? Diana Rigg?

I have one or two single razor stands, but mainly I use two four-hole toothbrush stands from Lowes to house my display.

Top Bottom