What's new

What razor, soap, blade didn't you like at first, but loved later?

Since starting wet shaving I have found that several items I didn't like at first, became appreciated when I used them later. One of the fruits of my GRUME (gentleman restraint month).
Please share yours 👍🏽

I wanted to like the WSC Winning razor when I got it but I just didn’t. It was rough and had a weird drag to it. I gave it another shot some time later with a feather blade and it sung. I like variety and rotate through my razors a lot but I could be happy with it as my daily

I wanted to like the WSC Winning razor when I got it but I just didn’t. It was rough and had a weird drag to it. I gave it another shot some time later with a feather blade and it sung. I like variety and rotate through my razors a lot but I could be happy with it as my daily
Nice 👌

I've decided to not get rid of things too hastily for this reason. I've had this happen with razors and blades, and sometimes in reverse where I liked something at first but didn't sometime later. I've also seen enough people say they wish they hadn't gotten rid of this or that. Probably the best example I have of this is not liking GEM razors when I first tried them. Now they are my favorites. Luckily, I've only had a few things I thought were just outright terrible.

I've decided to not get rid of things too hastily for this reason. I've had this happen with razors and blades, and sometimes in reverse where I liked something at first but didn't sometime later. I've also seen enough people say they wish they hadn't gotten rid of this or that. Probably the best example I have of this is not liking GEM razors when I first tried them. Now they are my favorites. Luckily, I've only had a few things I thought were just outright terrible.
I think that the combination of blade and razor can be a major pitfall.
Some blades I judged too soon turned out very good when used in a different razor later.
As far as soaps go: some seem to require a different way of lathering. Then again: some soap I've used can produce a good looking lather, but turn out mediocre, what ever lathering technique I use.

Various soaps and splashes with different scents. I was never into fragrances or scents before wetshaving. So exploring new scents through soaps and splashes has been fun. A few taking time to appreciate, mosly the darker, fougerey, or vetivery scents.

Feather ASD2. It worked but I was so unimpressed that I boxed it back up and put it away. Now in its 2nd coming and with user error corrected it is in the running for my favorite razor!

Top Bottom