What's new

What razor in your collection is your favorite go-to razor?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Mainly, any Fatip OC, or any Fatip, or my Fatip Lo Storto. :001_wub:
028_25.jpg

Currently it's my 2020 SS Gillette Tech* (P&G made in China) on a custom olive wood handle.

View attachment 1133373 :001_wub:

* Hardly Wolfman money. :laugh:
Nice wood! That Ultra-Cheap Chinese Gillette is extremely underrated. It Keeps to the light weight form of an original Tech & shaves just as well. I got one from AliExpress for around $3 and was impressed enough that I got several more to give away to friends interested in taking up wet shaving. It shaves better & smoother than many of those clunky & heavy zamak wünders costing much more.

Reactions: Cal
Currently:
Timeless Ti Dual Comb .95
Blackbird SB

This morning I had a great very very close and very smooth shave from my new ($99.00) ATT Windsor Pro.

Of all of the modern razors that I have owned Timeless and Above the Tie have the best fit and finish (especially the finish).

Wolfman is probably in that class but I have not owned one but I am on the list.

My 1918 Old Type with a BiC or Voskhod blade is a favorite, as are A New LC. The Milord and 1947 Super Speed are tied for a smooth and close shave with nearly any blade in my shave lab.

Down to 1 Razor: Timeless TI Polished Scalloped cap on Timeless Bronze .38 Solid Bar baseplate with Graphite Muhle Hexagon Handle

Started with an Edwin Jagger Ivory D87 passed down from Grandfather that had the Top cap threads damaged.

Purchased a Muhle Hexagon with similar Head brass threads(I believe) rather than older Pot. Was easier to learn without the Freeplay (slop) with aforementioned top cap, but did not like the balance of weight.

Put the Muhle Head on the Edwin Jagger handle and it felt much better. (Slighty shorter handle, made it more 'head' heavy)

Ordered the Timeless Bronze baseplate for Heft with Titanium Cap for the longer handled Hexagon and balance-weight felt perfect with better wet-stabilty ergonomics from the handle.

Gave the Ivory Edwin Jagger with new Muhle head to my brother.

I think I am just trying to lock down a razor-pairing. (Astra SP were okay; Feather Hi-stainless have worked well.View attachment 1137578View attachment 1137579
Down to 1 Razor: Timeless TI Polished Scalloped cap on Timeless Bronze .38 Solid Bar baseplate with Graphite Muhle Hexagon Handle

Started with an Edwin Jagger Ivory D87 passed down from Grandfather that had the Top cap threads damaged.

Purchased a Muhle Hexagon with similar Head brass threads(I believe) rather than older Pot. Was easier to learn without the Freeplay (slop) with aforementioned top cap, but did not like the balance of weight.

Put the Muhle Head on the Edwin Jagger handle and it felt much better. (Slighty shorter handle, made it more 'head' heavy)

Ordered the Timeless Bronze baseplate for Heft with Titanium Cap for the longer handled Hexagon and balance-weight felt perfect with better wet-stabilty ergonomics from the handle.

Gave the Ivory Edwin Jagger with new Muhle head to my brother.

I think I am just trying to lock down a razor-pairing. (Astra SP were okay; Feather Hi-stainless have worked well.View attachment 1137578View attachment 1137579
2D89CB6E-68AA-4ACE-8B83-F5E8941FB987.gif

Top Bottom