What's new

What razor in your collection is your favorite go-to razor?

I really like my Parker adjustable injector razor. Most comfortable shave I've ever had. While a lot of DE razors require care and patience to prevent nicks and weeper, you would really have to work hard to have a problem with this razor. It's quickly become my goto daily razor.

It is a tie between the Tatara Masamune and the H & S PO76 Titanium for me. When I dont feel like being so careful, it is the former and at other times the nod would go to the latter.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Right now, my go-to razor is the Charcoal Goods Level 2 in Brass with the Stinger handle. It’s an older Gen 1 version. I have a newer stainless version, but the brass Gen 1 shaves just a tad better. I love it. Perfect weight (heavy!) and balance. And I come away with a very close and comfortable shave every time. This may change next week when my next Wolfman arrives.

After starting the wet shaving journey ( rabbit hole) this Summer, I acquired a closed comb razor, an R41 clone (GSC) and Parker Variant Adjustable.

I found the Variant Adjustable to be quite forgiving and easy to use.

Apart from my Razorock BBS razor, I reach out for Variant Adjustable and it is my travel razor as well.

Gillette Slim J3 re-plated in rose gold. Other than the Fatboy I have no other razor in my collection shaves as smooth. The Fatboy is a very close second. The rest of my razors just don't give me a decent and smooth shave. I thought the 34c was a nice razor, although it being my first, until i got my first Slim. Then I found the re-plated one, and then I acquired another Slim in a lot with the Fatboy. Both of those Slims went to my friend and his son-in-law.

Rest of the collection:
Cased Fatboy-#2 on my list
And in no particular order for mediocre shaves:
Merkur 34c-my first DE razor
Wilkinson Sword Classic-plastic over aluminum razor
Gillette Tech-J3
Gillette SS J3 or J4
Gillette New short OC Bar handle in gold
Schick Krona
VDH TTO

And last but not least my Dads Schick type J1 Injector.

Top Bottom