What's new

What razor do you choose when you absolutely positively can't afford getting a cut?

If your are an experienced DE shaver anything but a R41 or Fatip. But if not and your that worried about a nick, how about shaving the evening before or use an electric.

Depending on the blade/razor combo, I can still whack myself up pretty well.:c3:

With that in mind:

Occam's Oren (very forgiving for me, I can't seem to draw blood with a fresh Feather)
Karve D+
Pearl Flexi 3-4
Rex ambassador 3-4
FatBoy 7-ish

If your are an experienced DE shaver anything but a R41 or Fatip. But if not and your that worried about a nick, hoq about shaving the evening before or use an electric.

If your are an experienced DE shaver anything but a R41 or Fatip. But if not and your that worried about a nick, you should have shaved the evening before or use an electric.
I generally agree, however, when I unthinkingly grab a razor that I have a Feather or Kai SS in, and speed away, I have some issues. Using Nacet or Astra, anything from LeCoq Cage to RR. I rarely use the same razor 2 days in a row, so I have about 12 loaded, at any given time.

In general, pretty much whatever comes to hand.

If you want to be fussy about it, then the following:

1. OneBlade Hybrid or Core. You'd have to TRY to hurt yourself to do any damage with this one.
2. Henson AL-13. Almost as idiot-proof as the OneBlades, Especially with smooth blades like Derby or Voskhod
3. Tech. Any Tech. There's a reason why even my backup Tech has a backup.
4. Super Speed, especially 1940's NDC
5. Twig. With Accutec or German Wilkinson

If your are an experienced DE shaver anything but a R41 or Fatip. But if not and your that worried about a nick, hoq about shaving the evening before or use an electric.

i was going to be silly and suggest an electric.

but then an electric turns my face into raw red dog meat. I've tried them all, phillips, norelco, remington, braun. doesn't matter.

I would use a GC .68 SB.

i was going to be silly and suggest an electric.

but then an electric turns my face into raw red dog meat. I've tried them all, phillips, norelco, remington, braun. doesn't matter.

I would use a GC .68 SB.

Years ago my dad went to a Braun when he couldn't hold a DE steady any longer. I tried it and was very suprised of the close shave. So if I suffer the same fate then at least I can half -A shave myself. Cheers.

Strangely enough I reach for my Blackbird. I have never cut myself probably due to how great it is at keeping a blade stable. I am not bs'ing I actually used it the day of my wedding.

For me, it's an injector razor, any of the three that I have give me a more comfortable shave than any of my DE razors, some of which cost several times what I paid for the injectors, but let's keep that a secret. I don't want the prices of injectors to increase.

Years ago my dad went to a Braun when he couldn't hold a DE steady any longer. I tried it and was very suprised of the close shave. So if I suffer the same fate then at least I can half -A shave myself. Cheers.
I recently acquired an Panasonic ARC5 and that, coupled with Shave Secret oil, gives me a smooth, irritation-free shave...not quite as close as my injector razors, but fully acceptable.I do splash more water on my face between passes and usually do two.If you still have one of those listed, try it with Shave Secret, but I really think the higher speed of the Panasonic is part of the secret to a good shave. The oil makes it slide easily and the water keeps it cool.

Top Bottom