What's new

What razor cured your RAD?

My RAD was very short lived. I tried a Superspeed, then a Tech...and I was done. I obtained a backup Tech and have been more than happy knowing the search and acquisition is over.

Covid Unemployment has cured mt RAD lol

But seriously i've upped my game to a number of SS razors in the last year starting with a Gamechanger .68, an Edwin Jagger 3one6, a Tatara Masamune, a Rex Envoy.

My favorites though are the Feather AS-D2 and the Above the Tie Atlas 5 piece set and an S2 slant head. Please don't make me choose just one.

View attachment 1210815
After several years of crazy collection of razors, I already have 100 razors. Returning to Gillette tech by accident during the rotation, it is so mild, effective, cheap, comfortable and easy to use, at that moment I think my RAD has been cured.

What razor cured your RAD?

I used to not be a fan of the Gillette Tech. I chased other vintage Gillette and luxury modern razors, and once vowed I will never buy a Tech. Well, after acquiring many razors, I finally decided to see what the hype was about with the Tech and bought a post war Tech in great condition. After my first shave with this razor, I wasn't enamored. My second shave and subsequent shaves were magic! It is astonishing that a razor which I had very low regards for, turned out to be my RAD killer.

I've been cured of RAD so many times I could start a self-help group with myself! Some of the razors that have been "the one":

EJ de89
Prewar Tech
British Tech
Red Tip
NEW SC
Aristocrat Jr
'34 Aristocrat
Diplomat
President
Timeless Ti .95 SB
WR1 .74 SB
H&S 17-4 P076 SB

I'm sure there's several I've left off the list, but that's just me having a senior moment!

I don’t consider my razor acquisition a disorder as such, rather as being a collector of vintage Gillette’s. I have somewhere in the vicinity of 100-110 Gillette razors, 10 vintage non-Gillette de safety razors, and 10 modern de safety razors. There are quite a few razors in my collection that I haven’t gotten around to trying out yet, but I’ll eventually give them all a test drive. Up until a few weeks ago, my most used razors were all British Aristocrats. But then I bought a British #77, a raised flat bottom razor that I rate very highly. I had been on the lookout for one for a long time. I had noticed a couple for sale, but they were case less, and in less than perfect condition. But then I spotted one on eBay in a green Bakelite case, with both blade banks, and everything about the set was pristine. Best purchase I’ve made in a long time.View attachment 1212597View attachment 1212598View attachment 1212599View attachment 1212600
Congrats on this find. It's what cured me.

The only cure to RAD might be having one too many. I’m in remission (cured ?) after acquiring 100’s of razors, not having enough space, and not wanting anymore scolding from SWMBO. The last purchase that she caught in the mail she hid from me for many months until she made me work for it. As to answer the question, I have too many favorites at the moment and can’t possibly just pick one.

The last purchase that she caught in the mail she hid from me for many months until she made me work for it.
Unless she pays for everything in the household, that would've been the last time she'd have been checking the mailbox and holding any form of mail from me!! She more than likely would've been finding a new place to live if she kept something from me!!

I thought this Gillette Cavalier had cured the RAD. But it is in my blood and has returned of late.
100_8396.JPG

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Received my R41 last week and that has definitely cured my RAD.

I wish those Slim Adjustables on Etsy would stop looking at me like that.

M

member 119848

Each time I bought a razor I thought my RAD was cured. :001_smile
The real question should be: "who hasn´t bought a razor the last 365 days?"
One way to cure RAD, is to stop looking for the gold pot at the end of the rainbow.

Gillette New LC for me. I use it or a Slim, the rest collect dust. I would like to try a Karve OC, it’s supposed to be amazing, but I grow a beard 6-7 months of the year these days so don’t buy much of anything anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each time I bought a razor I thought my RAD was cured. :001_smile
The real question should be: "who hasn´t bought a razor the last 365 days?"
One way to cure RAD, is to stop looking for the gold pot at the end of the rainbow.
Should we start a 12 step program? First meeting, my introduction:
"Hello, my name is Rick and I am an addict. I am addicted to razors. I collect them. I am not faithful to any particular one. I cheat every day. It's like a harem, no regrets, no desire left unfulfilled. I need help to break free of... a perfect setup?" (heads for the door).

M

member 119848

Should we start a 12 step program? First meeting, my introduction:
"Hello, my name is Rick and I am an addict. I am addicted to razors. I collect them. I am not faithful to any particular one. I cheat every day. It's like a harem, no regrets, no desire left unfulfilled. I need help to break free of... a perfect setup?" (heads for the door).
lol :biggrin1: it sounds like a confession
I´m in! <--- it sounds like "Amen", too!

Top Bottom