What's new

What razor cured your RAD?

I'm a vintage collector first and foremost and enjoy using many razors from my collection. That being said, when it comes to modern DE's, the R41 has cured any RAD for modern razors. Having just received my R41 last weekend, I've used it every day since and it has provided nothing but flawless shaves. I like it so much, I'm going to buy a spare or two! I did swap out the handle with a Weber Bulldog I had lying around as the stock handle didn't feel good in my hand but, otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• 2.5.21.jpg
    2.5.21.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 6
My progression from a CVS razor until my Timeless Ti .95 is only 4 razors... I got to my end point quickly and without too much drama from SWMBO.

The Razorock Lupo .95 .
Only razor that could possibly
dethrone the Lupo is a Wolfman one.
Although I do have my serious doubts that the “hi end original“ would justify it’s skyrocketed price by it’s vast shaving superiority from the “affordable copy” .
So ,even if I had the appropriate funds
to spare for a Wolfman ,most probably
I would have spend them accordingly
to just see my son’s little face shinning
with a big smile.Taking him a short trip to an amusement or theme park,maybe.
But that’s just me .

So yeah ,Lupo killed and buried my
RAD .
Kind of a “What else ? “ situation .

Because it shaves well without irritation with whatever the blade, like the op it's a Tech, but the 3$ with the plastic handle. Still switch to my other razors once a week but this one just do everything right.
IMG_20210405_181114~2.jpg

When I responded on this thread in January, my weapon of choice was Karve SS with the OC-D plate, and I was waiting for a Timeless. I've been through about 14 razors up to now, always looking for better performance. In the last few months I've really lost interest in buying more razors, the reason being that I have two that give me exactly what I'm looking for every day:
  • a smooth and comfortable shave
  • no irritation
  • efficient enough to stay smooth for 15 hours
I have two razors that are up to it, the Karve SS OC-D, and the Timeless SS .95 OC. I've been rotating them, 7 days each. Great razors and I love both of them, but if I had to choose just one (which thankfully I don't) it would probably be the Karve, because it is a bit more agile. Anyway, I admit that I'm still curious about a few others, but these two deliver what I want so well that I'm not likely to try anything else unless I spot a super bargain. Not really looking though.

Blackland Vector (polished) -- I've had it over a year now. It just totally opened my eyes to a new feel and has made me fall for lighter, sleeker razor heads. It is also the only razor I owned for several months until today (when I received my H&SCo. Z-74-ti DE razor).

I just don't think I'll be able to use fat-headed, heavy SS razors anymore. Never thought I'd see things this way, but here I am, all about titanium as an alternative. Not great for my wallet, but at the same time, I no longer have a collection so my money will be targeted towards a narrow range of products going forward. I've spent years experimenting, owning, paying for the privilege of owning something short term before selling it at a loss.

Top Bottom