What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Merkur Monday...

so.... Merkur 37c slant head razor with a British made Wilkinson Sword chrome, ceramic, and ptfe coated stainless blade

proxy.php

$130618 shaving kit.jpg
My shaving kit for today.
Robert Becker shuttle
Gillette slim adjustable
Personna red (1st use)
GFT Skin Food
... Godrej Lime Fresh Cream
Nivea aftershave balm
Silvertip brush

Replated single ring circa 1913 (bought from Krona Kruiser) with Gillette 7:00 perma (PIF'd by Turtle) and Thayers lemon witch hazel (PIF'd by lowjax) also, I bought the TOBS on the BST, the SOC came at the recommendation of Prof Moriarty and... well ok, the Alum Bloc and Skin food were just something I picked up from reading the forums.

I have to say at this point, I owe my shave and the quality of it to this forum. :lol:

Final note: the blade did not perform wonderfully for me, but it was only the first time I'v used it. I'll try again before deciding if they are for me or not.

$P6170133.jpg

1934 or 1936 Gillette Aristocrat with a Wilkinson Blade. Tried other blades, but; still prefer to use Wilkinson blade, with all my vintage razors. Have the Deluxe Set so it is probably a 1936 version. Been awhile since I used this particular one.

Goodfella open comb head on a Bulldog handle...first time I've tried this combo and it worked quite well (still a bit mild though)
Astra SP blade

Top Bottom