What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Today I shaved for the first time with a new Mergress XL ordered from Lee's Safety Razors, and loaded with a feather blade. Until now, my best shave has been with a Feather AS D1 loaded with a feather blade. The Feather stainless steel may be THE best 3 piece razor available. I also have a Merkur slant which is at the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of aggressiveness. The feel of the Mergress is well balanced and heavier than my feather. I found it shaves just as close as my Feather stainless steel, however, being an adjustable, I found I can dial it in to be as aggressive as I like or am comfortable with. The shave was BBS with no razor burn. This is a razor that can be adjusted to just about anyone's shaving preference, gives great shaves, has good balance for a heavy razor, and also looks good too. If you can only afford one razor, and prefer a more aggressive razor than the Feather stainless steel, I can recommend the Mergress XL which may be THE best new adjustable available.

Top Bottom