Head - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - Yaqi Bohemia w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Fine Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

10/10

The grass really is greener on the other side. Flipped over the baseplate so the number 2 is facing up and made the Bohemia more efficient. It still felt pretty mild to me but definitely a lot less touch ups needed and a lot easier to maintain blade angel. I was still able to get up under the nose easily.

Overall, nice razor. Mild side is very very mild and not very efficient. The aggressive side is more efficient but still mild feeling to me. I'll stick to using the #2 side. Seems like quality work on the materials. Which does have some weight to it at 131g and head alone a whopping 56g. Not for someone that likes a light razor.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite (80)
Blade: Gillette PermaSharp (5)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

Shave #1 with Nacet (1) new blade

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; smooth; DFS+ shave. The Nacet appears to be less sharp than the Perma-Sharp Super on the first shave. The Nacet was almost tugging ATG on the first shave. A little buffing was needed on the upper lip. I would prefer the Perma-Sharp based on first shave results.

Shave #2 with Perma-Sharp (1) new blade

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; DFS+ shave. A pleasant shave. The Perma-Sharp Super is definitely sharper than the Nacet on the first shave. I would prefer the Perma-Sharp based on first shave results.

Shave #3 with Nacet (2)

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. Not as much pulling on this shave compared to shave #1.

Shave #4 with Gillette PermaSharp (2)

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. A tad closer and smoother than the Nacet on it’s second shave.

Shave #5 with Gillette Nacet (3)

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth; A pleasant DFS shave. The blade is losing sharpness but stays smooth.

Shave #6 with Gillette PermaSharp (3)

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. Much closer than the Nacet on the 3rd shave.

Shave #7 with Gillette Nacet (4)

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Smooth; A pleasant DFS shave. The blade is losing sharpness and leaves some stubble ATG especially on the lower neck areas but stays smooth.

Shave #8 with Gillette Perma-Sharp (4)

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. The Perma-Sharp is on target and still going strong.

Shave #9 with Gillette Nacet (5)

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Smooth; A pleasant DFS shave. Cleanup was needed below both jaw lines. A lot of buffing on the upper lip needed.

Shave #10 with Gillette PermaSharp (5)

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. The PermaSharp was dull but easily finished the shave on target.

In conclusion:
The first shave with Nacet required a change in technique to account for the tugging with the ATG passes on the upper lip.

The Nacet struggled to stay on target with a DFS+. 2 DFS+ shaves and 3 DFS shaves.

The PermaSharp stayed on target for all 5 shaves.

The PermaSharp blade is easier to manage from start to finish.

For the reasons mentioned, above, the Gillette PermaSharp is preferred over the Gillette Nacet. The PermaSharp is a top-tier blade for me when used in the Blackbird Lite.

Like all things in wet shaving, YMMV.

Shave log summary 20230311

Cheers!!!

Razor: Yaqi Mercury (chrome beginners head as Yaqi named it)
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
Soap: Gillette Foamy (from the red can, i love the scent, its a 10 year old can that has been sitting there, still full of spray capacity,wow)
Pre-shave: 3P cream
After shave: Aqua Velva blue (the one we get in supermarkets in Belgium and France), Betty's Aloe Vera gel from Action

This Yaqi head is really exceptionally good, its as smooth as my Rockwell 6C plate 3 but more efficient, lots of audio feedback, its only my 2nd shave with it but its a seriously good shaver for me. The Bic Chrome Platinum is a bit too harsh/sharp/biting for my skin apparently but in this razor its still ok. An amazingly good head this one, i am really surprised.

March 29th:

Rex Ambassador/Lord Platinum(New)
Soap Commander Endurance/30mm Tuxedo
Witch Hazel-Mentholated w/Old-Spice Scenting Oil
Old-Spice (Homebrew)
Soap Commander Endurance Balm
Old Spice Cologne

Wow, a Lord blade really tames the blade feel with the Rex Ambassador, yet still delivers a super close BBS shave in two passes, just a wonderfully smooth feeling shave experience.

Top Bottom