What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Today was day 2 with my, new to me, '61 Slim and and Gillette Platinum blade. Both performing well and I'm floating between 3-5 on the razor's adjustment. Neither it nor my 195 will be at the top of what I normally grab but they're a fun change of pace. I'd never even owned an adjustable until some years ago when I got the 195. The Slim is fun to see where Gillette went with their design. I know they went further still but my interest in vintage Gillette razors ends with the end of the 60's.

Today was day 2 with my, new to me, '61 Slim and and Gillette Platinum blade. Both performing well and I'm floating between 3-5 on the razor's adjustment. Neither it nor my 195 will be at the top of what I normally grab but they're a fun change of pace. I'd never even owned an adjustable until some years ago when I got the 195. The Slim is fun to see where Gillette went with their design. I know they went further still but my interest in vintage Gillette razors ends with the end of the 60's.
I load a well used (but perfectly functional G4 Aristocrat) ready for when other razors/blades fail!

You will have many good days with that tool.
I'm currently posting what I used today, now.
Gillette were usually mild razors, adjustable gave guys with thick heavy going a chance, better that way than reverse.

I load a well used (but perfectly functional G4 Aristocrat) ready for when other razors/blades fail!

You will have many good days with that tool.
I'm currently posting what I used today, now.
Gillette were usually mild razors, adjustable gave guys with thick heavy going a chance, better that way than reverse.

Attachments

• 16608717310491830097092904293431.jpg
    16608717310491830097092904293431.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 5
Razor: Gillette 1940’s Fat Handle Tech Triangle US (20)
Blade: Pol-Silver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush- 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cool water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Close and Very Smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave. Blade is done, ready for recycling.

Shave Summary 20220730

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom