What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Gillette Tech S-P & Feather (2)
IMG20220809101346.jpg

NewRedBlack1934.jpg

I used my old Red & Black Gillette New Deluxe from 1934 today with a Personna Platinum blade. This razor has been Rhodium plated and the hollow handle has had some extra weight added by inserting some anglers putty. This has taken the razor up from 57g to just over 80g. The case has also been relined. Some of the enthusiastic collectors out there wont like these changes to a vintage razor, but I purchased this razor to use and for an almost 90 year old razor, it gives me a wonderful shave! Happy days!

Timeless 78 OC
Gillette 7o’clock yellow (3?)

It appears that I blamed the razor for my (lack of) technique. First shave with it left me feeling like a peeled grape. This morning, I had a three pass zero irritation BBS shave.

Including a fool’s pass that I normally do NOT do.

I may have to try a Timeless 95.

image.jpg

August 9th:

Rex Ambassador/Voskhod (2nd)
Stirling Iced Coffee/30mm Synthetic
Stirling Green Aftershave w/Menthol
Stirling Green Balm
Polo Green Cologne/EDT

Close shave, albeit with a couple of weepers.....5:30 AM shave, and with less than 24 hours growth, should have dialed it down a bit. For those never having used mentholated soaps, you may not feel them, or know you made one, until you see it, with a highly mentholated soap like Iced Coffee. (Still a great way to start a hot & humid day).

Razor: Muhle R89 (54)
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Russian (3)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co - Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold Water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; no irritation, very smooth and close. 4 pass. Resulting shave was a pleasant DFS+. The blade had a very smooth feel during the shave. Post shave feel was excellent.

Shave Summary 20220730

Cheers!!!

@Iridian , apparently I can handle the 78 OC now. I did cheat a little though. Before this morning, my last shave was Friday morning, so I had some pretty good stubble.

So the 78 is Timeless’s most aggressive razor? I was not aware.

I do know this: I’m going to get Indian burn from admiring the smooth results.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
So the 78 is Timeless’s most aggressive razor?
Yes, they even state it on their page. "The 0.78mm blade gap is our most aggressive razor"

For the Slim it is "This is an aggressive razor but with the right touch it provides a smooth efficient shave", and I would dare to say it is their most efficient razor. The .78 has a different style and blade feel.

I am pretty sure there were some people who thought "ah, 0.5, it must be milder than .68!"
I guess these quickly return and are later sold under Scratch and Dent.

Top Bottom