Razor: Velox Open Comb (Made in Brazil)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Generic Chinese Synthetic Brush
Soap: Sabonete de Barbear Granado
After Shave: Need's Homme After Shave Gel

sotd_02112022.jpg

For those that wanna take a better look at the razor:
velox_oc.jpg

Sadly, I can't offer any information about the manufacturer or the age of the razor. The seller just said that it's from the 60s~70s.
Funnily, it was the only razor that I could use the BIC blades with, until I got my hands on a vintage Tech. It's the heaviest razor I got, around 64g to 70g, all brass as long as I can tell and it feels good to use it, even with the Granado soap, that has a really bad reputation among the Brazilian wet shaving community, because it doesn't lather like other shaving soaps. It's not a very efficient razor, demands a few passes WTG until I get the same result as using the Tech.

Not sure if I would call this brave or foolish, but I shaved this morning with the Dollar Tree 3 piece razor.

I chickened out on using the no-name Chinese blades that came with it, I used a new Astra SP. The razor is quite aggressive and does not give a comfortable shave at all. However, with care and one small weeper, I did get near BBS with 2 passes and touch-ups.

I can get an aggressive shave with a lot more comfort with my Muhle R41, but of course it costs more than a buck.

20220209_104405.jpg

20220209_104743.jpg

20220212_060817.jpg

Henson AL 13 & Kai.jpg

My Henson AL-13 Medium razor arrived. I took it for its inaugural shave with a new Kai blade. Normally, I prefer heavier razors and this one is very light. However, its performance exceeded my expectations. It is one smooth and efficient razor. The blade is fully covered in the razor with no ends sticking out. You can hear audible feedback with each pass even though it is so smooth you wonder if it is cutting your whiskers. This could easily become my favorite razor.

Not sure if I would call this brave or foolish, but I shaved this morning with the Dollar Tree 3 piece razor.

I chickened out on using the no-name Chinese blades that came with it, I used a new Astra SP. The razor is quite aggressive and does not give a comfortable shave at all. However, with care and one small weeper, I did get near BBS with 2 passes and touch-ups.

I can get an aggressive shave with a lot more comfort with my Muhle R41, but of course it costs more than a buck.

View attachment 1408632
View attachment 1408634
View attachment 1408635
I have one of those, although it didn't come with a plastic handle, it came with a handle that doesn't fit it properly. It has quite a blade exposure and, as you said, it's super aggressive.
I wonder if they are the same as the Rapira Platinum Lux razor, one that has a cult following on this forum.

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled handle
Blade: Lord Platinum New (1)

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Vanilla Sandalwood
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Facial Toner Witch Hazel Rose

1 nick on the chin, No irritation, very close and very smooth. A pleasant DFS+ shave.

Is Lord Platinum New the same as Shark Platinum?

I’m going to wait and see.

Shave on!!!

Top Bottom