What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
992FA172-E1E8-4BC2-8DF9-204F4466B326.jpeg

Merkur 34C and a Derby Extra (1).

Congratulations. I assume you had a D-plate or another SB plate before, maybe you could elaborate a bit on the difference you felt between the OC and the SB plates?
Hey, thanks! I do have the SB-D & SB-F plates. Got both in Nov 2020
SB-D was for me a very smooth razor and work well with many blades. Use it primarily but I find it just a bit lacking in efficiency...
SB-F was initially unable to get used to the blade exposure but recently found the sweet spot and wow...still as smooth and has better efficiency...what am I going to do with the D now 😆
OC-D initial use today...with a good blade it was just as smooth, hardly any blade feels, and almost can be on auto-pilot. Will be testing this more...

lasta

Blade Biter
Razor Karve Brass OC-D New 1st Use
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 1st
Been wanting this OC-D base plate for a long time too...and it did not disappoint. Paired with the blade, the shave was crisply smooth...comfortable & efficient. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish.
View attachment 1398540
Hi Chard,

Love the look of that handle.

Are they pre-darkened/painted from the factory? Or is this grime from your dirty fingers?:c1:

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled handle
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (3)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No cuts, No irritation, very close and very smooth. A pleasant and BBS shave. This blade has a nice blend of sharpness and smoothness. The efficiency of the combo is very nice.

Testing Summary

YMMV

Top Bottom