What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Stando Polska "Chors" head & Yaqi "Razzo Rocket" handle / Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (black)
StandoChorsonYaqiRazzoRocket.jpg

I didn't want to try my latest "Rocket" handle with the "Rockwell" razor, so… the Stando Chors came to my mind.
Think of it as a larger gape Game Changer .84 SB that can BITE if you are not careful.

The 7 o'clock "Black" blade is a superb fit for the Chors razor head is a much better fit than the Feather. The razor has a minimal blade exposure, but due to the large gap and superior clamping shaves extremely close and smooth.

When I came to shave the chiseled chin of Papa Smurf I had gotten reckless though, and got punished: I sliced into my chin. I needed my alum stick, I sometimes don't need it for half a year. I punished myself for being a douche by not using a balm, but by splashing myself with Old Spice "Captain" after the shave. Guess that's why it is called aftershave.

This is an extremely winning combo; the Super Platinum from Gillette has become my favorite blade over time and seems to be a particularly good fit for the Chors.

The Chors itself is to be praised for being very smooth and extremely efficient. It is not a non-aggressive razor though; you won't get away with flinging it all over your face without some attention. It is very smooth, which can be deceptive.

I recently shaved with the Blackbird OC, the Wunderbar slant, the Timeless Slim OC. The Chors gave me the best shave with the 7 o'clock Black! Unlike the Slim and the Blackbird OC it doesn't announce that it can bite and is very smooth throughout the shave. Just don't let your chin fall into the gap.

P.S. the handle is grippy and made from 316L steel as well.

Top Bottom