What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Gillette NEW LC / Polsilver Super Iridium (D1)

LC.jpgPolsilver.png

Tried my latest razor, a cheap Chinese Tech clone paired with a Astra SP.
Was absolutely gorgeous, I'm pretty surprised how good a cheap $7 razor can be. In fact one of the better shaves I've had.
I can't recall that my other genuine Techs feel the same, this one feels more sturdy, and sharper kind of.
A proof that you don't necessarily get better with more money.

IMG_20210919_145001.jpg

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled Handle
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Razorock Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: StIrling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No irritation: 5
No nicks or cuts: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Rating: 10/10

Third blade third shave.

The combo produced a near BBS shave result without incident. All my shaving goals were met on the third shave.

More info on the tests can be found at the link below:

Quest for a better shave

YMMV

I didn't write for a couple days because I managed to mangle myself with a) a Lord L6/bic chrome and b) with a Fatip Piccolo/feather. Hence I decided not to post "my shave today sucked!" :laugh:

2 consecutive shaves with razor burn and irritation. I figure that the setups are not to blame, they haven't caused issues in the past. Maybe the family and work issues that are on my mind lately? Who knows.

Today I decided to heal my face, so I put a brand new Feather in the R41 and took my time while thinking of green fields and butterflies. I want to report that everything is back to normal, the after shave hardly stung :thumbup:

So there. Does the state of mind play such an important role?

@cyberdog I hope you recover quickly. Hang in there, sometimes even after your feeling better/well on the road to recovery, it takes longer for the senses of smell & taste to come back.
Trying to look at the bright side: If you have any soaps that perform great but you don’t like the scent…LOAD HEAVY & use them now.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Top Bottom