What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Henson AL13 Mild
Voskhod (3)

There's really something special about this razor. Been wet shaving for over 25 years. Used many razors. This one gives me the best shaves hands down. For those who like blade feel, this one is not for u as there's absolutely no blade feel whatsoever.
BBS is very easy and comfortable to achieve. Best part, 12+ hours later, my face is still very very smooth regardless of what blade I use.
I just wish it was heavier but I'm getting used to it. I've shaved with it 8 days straight which is very rare as i love rotating with other razors. As of now, I have no desire to shave with anything else.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Sept 13th: Yesterday - 3 Days growth
Timeless 95 OC SS / German Personna (4th)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave
Stirling Electric Sheep / 30mm Tuxedo
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Old Spice (Homebrew) AS
Soap Commander Endurance Balm

Results: Nice BBS in three passes

Sept 14th: Today - I cheated, needed an early really quick shave
Bic Titanium 4
Stirling Electric Sheep / RR 26mm Monster
Old Spice (Homebrew) AS
Soap Commander Endurance Balm

Results: Truthfully, one heck of a nice BBS shave in two passes, no irritation or sting. I'm actually impressed by how good the shave was, albeit it doesn't feel anywhere near as nice in the hand as the DEs.

It was last night but counts as today, it was past midnight :001_tt2: plus I am +7 from Eastern Time.

I am "blessed" with wiry whiskers that grow enough to warrant a daily shave, so I get as much "blade time" as possible!

My shimmed R41, a fresh Bic chrome, the usual mitchell's soap and aqua velva after shave. 1 and 3/4 passes. Keep it simple! Results - outstanding.

I have taken to using one side of the blade for each shave and tossing it after using both sides once. This way each I start fresh each time. With the Bic it is simple, the sides are easily distinguished by the markings on the blade tab, visible with the blade loaded.

Parker Semi Slant
Astra Superior Stainless (27)

This morning, the Astra SS blade showed the first signs of fatigue. In Parker Semi Slant made a lot of noise. Could it be a sign that he is tired and wants to rest? Overall a good shave, no irritation. I will continue with another slant razor tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom