What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

WR1 .74 SB
Nacet
IMG_4306.jpg

Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Dorco Prime Platinum 2nd & last!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes except during the atg pass on chin and lips area for a dfs to ccs result. It was skippy & tuggy but fortunately did not suffer any nicks nor weepers. This is the best area to determine blade quality. This blade not so good for me. Will be ditched.
20210113_233230.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Lupo DC with Barber Pole handle + Gillette Nacet
Both new, the razor arrived just an hour ago.

I am in home office but still had to hurry as it is just early afternoon here, so i took Nivea Deep Control shaving gel and Old Spice Original as After Shave. But I was just too curious and had to try it right away...

RazoRock Razor Scale - #1 is the Mildest and #31 is the Most Aggressiv – ItalianBarber - https://www.italianbarber.com/pages/razorock-razor-scale
According to Italian Barber/Razorock the new Lupo Dual comb is between Lupo .95 and Lupo .72.
The .72 side has an OC, the .95 side a closed, scalloped bar. I am not sure if they made an average of its aggression and effectiviness, I don't understand the rating. Also note the non dual comb versions have both scalloped closed bars.
-> therefore... I think the .72 side with OC is what is rated "29" on their scale.

My impression: Very effective, but slightly dangerous feeling .95 side, despite the closed bar. It's quite a gap for sure. The .72 OC side is ... strangely enough... about as effective, very, very little difference. It just FEELS differently, better lubricated and even a tiny bit more effective. It is more to my liking than the .95. This one is probably meant to fell the beard of lumberjacks or vikings.

It's not very aggressive. Only the .95 side has a certain risk of injury due to gap, but it's very easy to handle and also forgiving. My previous shave was done with the Game Changer .84 OC, I only just got the OC plate and used the SB and JAWS plate before. It's my favorite plate, the OC spacing of Razorock is rather mild, but very effective. A good combo.

All in all? I loved the covered tabs, the handle spirals were very nice, though I would love to get rid of the knob or have a longer pole. The handle is around 14mm, the thick knob makes it impossible to fit in 14mm stands, as it's ~15mm. Machining was flawless, also nicely machine polished. Only the insides of the cap were not polished, but look very clean, too.

I am very impressed by its effectiviness, it's a small step up from the GC .84 OC and, while being less risky than the JAWS with its wide spaced teeth, more thorough.

Compared to my favorite, the Alpha Shaving/Executive Shaving Outlaw: It has a nice sound while shaving and the tensioned blade gives me good blade feel and efficiency. This said, the Lupo DC even managed my problem spot, the right cheek/neck area, without leaving any traces I would have had to clear in another pass. That's quite a feat.

The base plate has a small recess for the handle that also perfectly fits a standard M5 O-ring. I only recently developed this habit after a Chinese razor came with one between handle and base plate. It's unnecessary IMO, but if you collect handles as well, maybe worth it.

TL;DR: More bladefeel than the Game Changer .84 OC or Jaws, also more effective. Still mild enough and not dangerous to use. A very good head design. I preferred the 0.72 OC side. If there is a flaw, both sides seem to similar for my liking, despite the apparently existing difference. It's 0.72 open comb vs 0.95 scalloped bar. I wonder why it isn't the other way round.

Attachments

• lupodc.jpg
    lupodc.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Top Bottom